Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Mr. Chunky Skin
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Has anyone heard?

Has anyone heard about an American and a Dominican being killed last night/early this morning in Puerto Plata? What are the details?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently, an Austrian resident, with a legal 9 mm weapon, surprised a well known thief in his house at night and, instead of blowing him away in the instant, he tried to hold him for the cops. The guy reacted and in the struggle, both men ended up getting shot, and both died of their wounds while being treated at the public hospital in POP.
    Sad.

HB

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

He certainly taught him a lesson by having a gun in the house.

Doctor of Diplomacy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOWMAR
    He certainly taught him a lesson by having a gun in the house.
    Uh oh, Howmar. You're not one of those who are against a person's right to defend themself, their family and their property? Are you?

Scandall

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scandall
    Uh oh, Howmar. You're not one of those who are against a person's right to defend themself, their family and their property? Are you?

Scandall
    Who me? They usually say it's not guns that kill people, it's people that kill people. Hmm, if these two people didn't have a gun, I guess they would have had to strangle each other.

Doctor of Diplomacy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOWMAR
    Who me? They usually say it's not guns that kill people, it's people that kill people. Hmm, if these two people didn't have a gun, I guess they would have had to strangle each other.
    Gun control is hitting your target.

Yee ha!

Scandall

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scandall
    You're not one of those who are against a person's right to defend themself, their family and their property? Are you?
    I don't know of anyone that is against a person's right to defend himself. What I'm against is giving a gun to any idiot that feels owning a gun will automatically protect them and their family. Without proper training (and I don't mean a one hour course), you might as well be giving a lit match to a monkey in a dynamite factory. There are way to many preventable deaths due to mishandling of firearms, both in the US and the DR.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a perfect example of how dangerous it is to have a gun in the house.

In the United States, I feel the only people who should have guns are law enforcement. Here in the DR, I can understand a civilain having one for protection. HOWEVER, if you are going to have one, you better make sure you know what you are doing and understand and respect the responsibility involved with it. Also, you better make sure that if the situation arises where you might have to use it (such as in this story) that you USE IT and have no qualms about doing so. Guns are not to be kept in the house to detain a burglar, they are to be kept in the house to shoot...and kill him.

I have an idea what I am talking about. In the United States I had a job where I was required to carry a gun for 10 yrs. If you are going to own a gun, you BETTER understand the responsibility involved.

My 2 cents

Larry

Doctor of Diplomacy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Larry
    This is a perfect example of how dangerous it is to have a gun in the house.

In the United States, I feel the only people who should have guns are law enforcement. Here in the DR, I can understand a civilain having one for protection. HOWEVER, if you are going to have one, you better make sure you know what you are doing and understand and respect the responsibility involved with it. Also, you better make sure that if the situation arises where you might have to use it (such as in this story) that you USE IT and have no qualms about doing so. Guns are not to be kept in the house to detain a burglar, they are to be kept in the house to shoot...and kill him.

I have an idea what I am talking about. In the United States I had a job where I was required to carry a gun for 10 yrs. If you are going to own a gun, you BETTER understand the responsibility involved.

My 2 cents

Larry
    I agree with Rellosk about having strict standards. Because of my background and training (9mm up through 155mm Howitzers) it drives me nuts when I see cops...COPS!...walking around like John Wayne with the pistols in their waistbands.....guns are not toys...

As for Larry...he and I have already had this discussion and it will go nowhere so I will not bore him and the rest of you by arguing....suffice it to say that I am glad the Second Amendment exists in the US...

Scandall

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast