sosua 1-14-06

Sep 19, 2005
made it into sosua , and went ATVing again..had a blast great great weather. But got real dirty. Wanted to stay in sosua to check out the night life...havent done that yet. Didnt know a hotel to stay in , ( i wasnt paying attention when Rocky posted) so i called Planner , she told to find rockys and ask him. So I found rockys,( but he wasnt there yet) maybe 5PM. but one of the guys that work there suggested WATERFRONT..now i remembered his recomendation. But they were booked.... ended up at thr Piergiorgio.( I asked at the Sosua bay hotel , and they wanted $170 a person !! I said Ill keep looking.)

The hotel is really nice. especially the bathroom. No beach , but the resturant is overhanging the sea!! really nice and only $95 per night for the room!...its only about 10:15 so we havent gone out yet. We went back and ate at rockys...had the large rib order...my girlfriend didnt pet the dogs! ha ha ha.....took a motoconcho( both of us on the same bike) that was a first........how many hotels in the DR have the extra toilet with their own faucets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( you know the ones!!)...they must know whats going up upstiars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ha ha ha ha....ok I am gonna take off now..Ill get back with a report for the rest of my saty later........

ps i supriced my girl this trip...she didnt know i was coming... i CAUGHT her in the yard eating a cajuil that her brother just picked in the yard!!!.........

PS thanks PLANNER for the sunshine again....bob

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
What's a cajuil?

BTW, if you happen to hit the beach don't forget to stop off at Maragritas - Bar Internacional (#39):nervous:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
They must have seen you coming at the Waterfront.. The normal price is less than half of what you paid. Marco can verify this.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Bob should have his Novia book the room next time for about 1/2 the gringo price. Even the resorts have 2 prices, Local and Gringo.

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Tamborista said:
Even the resorts have 2 prices, Local and Gringo.
Really? Wow! Normal hotels I knew. And how could a gringo find out the local prices for resorts? Is there some secret website?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
SKY said:
They must have seen you coming at the Waterfront.. The normal price is less than half of what you paid. Marco can verify this.
If I read it right, Bob was saying the $170 was for the Sosua Bay Hotel, not the Waterfront. The Waterfront was fully booked.

May 31, 2005
Cajuil is a small fruit. It comes in yellow, green, and red. I am not too sure how to describe it. I used to eat them when I was small and we used to go to Palenque in the weekends. Now when we go I see the buckets full of them on the side of the road but we never stop. Maybe next time I will stop. I cannot believe that I forgot what it tastes like.

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Tamborista said:
It's no secret.
Duh. OK, I mean, the resorts' websites give one price, which I suppose is the gringo price. They do not show a special reduced price for locals. So, can the local prices be found somewhere on the internet? Or, how much lower are they, is the difference as much as with normal hotels?

Last edited:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The only way to find out the locals price is to have a local check for you.

caro

Sep 24, 2003
here is a website where you can see price for gringo and local

www.colonialtours.com.do

that it s just a exemple because I think they can have a less price if they dont use a TO

Last edited:

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
rellosk said:
What's a cajuil?

A cajuil is the fruit that the cashew nut grows from, the nut actually protrudes out from the end of the fruit.

Dulce de cajuil is fabulous by the way. :)

Swede

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
YOu are very welcome Bob, as always. Thanks for the chocolate - a very nice surprise! To all of you, truffles, even when melted are still awesome!

Come back soon Bob, I enjoyed seeing you again and my friends enjoyed meeting you!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Oye!

Dragonfly32837 said:
Cajuil is a small fruit. It comes in yellow, green, and red. I am not too sure how to describe it. I used to eat them when I was small and we used to go to Palenque in the weekends. Now when we go I see the buckets full of them on the side of the road but we never stop. Maybe next time I will stop. I cannot believe that I forgot what it tastes like.
Think "cashew nut" and you will get it!.

When it's green, do not eat

When it's yellow, not ready, only eat if hungry

When it's red, OPEN MOUTH BECAUSE HERE IT COME!, yummy!.

Last edited:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
SKY said:
The OP stayed at PierGiorgio, and that was the price quoted.
Unfortunately, I was out of town, when he dropped by and was not available to find him alternate digs, as the Waterfront was all booked up.

Sep 19, 2005
rellosk said:
If I read it right, Bob was saying the $170 was for the Sosua Bay Hotel, not the Waterfront. The Waterfront was fully booked.

hello just got back home. Sorry didnt do a follow up before I left the hotel with the hotles computer. As rellosk mentioned...I didnt get ripped... the sosua bay was $170 per person hotel, and I didnt stay there because of that price. But i thought I read somewhere that there was a VERY exspensive hotwel in the area...maybe that was it. Secondly i did saty at the :
La Puntilla de Peirgiogio, and it was only $95 for the room for both of us with two double beds!....again nice room for the price and a great bathroom..clean!!!!!!! not all chipped up ( tiles and sinks ect). The next morning the free breakfast with buffet, and a little weak on the offering, but it still have several hot dishes, including eggs made for you on the spot( omlettes too).....so a big thumbs up for a good value there. went out that night to the X disco...wasnt bad....merenge at first , no bachata, then heavy into the reagetone....and I know they say that the area is full up pick up babes that are ugly....but I saw three smoking babes that were solo or in a small group that were knocking on the 10 door.....I dont know if they were professionals or not...but what lookers.......Sosua is nice. My girl got her hair done the next morning locally and I shopped around. I like the place...and i didnt get hammered by people asking for money or trying to sell me anything or any offers for sex( damm I must be slipping). Had ribs at rockys sat night, my girlfriend was deathly affrais fot eh dogs that were sound asleep on the floor!..so we sat right out front. Nice ribs! on our way out of town we met with Planner and her two friends for a few drinks in Puerto Platta on the new malecon. Great day! only 75-80 degrees slight breeze....full sun!!!!!!!!!!! two great days there. SORRY about the truffles mmmmmeeeelllltttiiinnnnggg away. I am a guy ya know...we dont think about things like that! Bought some fantastic coconuts a few miles outside of POP along with some mandarines. My gf loves to drink coconut water and these were really sweet.

oh and the fuit I mentioned that my gf was eating when I showed up was red....I ate some I thought it was alright.....bob