Electricity supply

freebee

Jan 15, 2006
Hola DR1 community! This is my first post! :nervous:

I've got a few questions today regarding the electrical utility:

(1) What is the current price of electricity in the DR, North Coast in particular? I'm looking for the price per kilo-Watt hour (kWh) per month, including all charges and taxes.
Another way of asking the same question: how much did you pay for electricity last month and how much electricity (in kWh) did you use last month?

(2) Do you foresee the price of electricity in the next year or two going up, going down, or staying about the same? If you think it's going to go up or down, by how much?

(3) How reliable is the supply of electricity these days? Is it on most of the time? If not, how often is it out and for how long?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
1) This info is only semi accurate. Different people pay different prices.
The first 200 kwh, I pay 4.28 rd/kwh.
Above 200 kwh, costs 5.13 rd/kwh.
2) Bound to go uo, as everything does, specially with the pesos devaluating, these days.
3) Average 16 hours of power per day, these days in Sosua.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
In Cofresi in a private gated community I pay about 7 RD/kwh, but the supply is 24/7 with only rare and short interruptions.

Price usually fluctuates with the price of oil and the exchange rate.

Jerry K

Jan 1, 2002
Electric rates

Enjoy the cheap power cost. In the Turks & Caicos we're paying 32 cents kwh residentual and 35+ cents commerical, but we do have power 24/7.

freebee

Jan 15, 2006
Thanks Rocky, Conchman -- that's exactly what I wanted to know. Jerry K, you have my condolences!