Living in Jarabacoa - schools

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Where do those living in Jarabacoa send their children to school...Jaraboacoa or La Vega?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I don't have an informed answer for you, but I'm sure they have some very good schools, right there in Jarabacoa, as most of the people I meet there, are a lot more literate than North coasters.
I would guess that they might travel farther, once they get to University level, either to Santiago or La Vega.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Snuffy said:
Where do those living in Jarabacoa send their children to school...Jaraboacoa or La Vega?

I lived and worked in Jarabacoa for the last 1 year. There are lots of foreigners living there. They are all part of missions team. They have lots of local schools there. The english speaking dominicans send there kids along with the american-canadian kids to a school in Jarabacoa called Jarabacoa Christian School JCS. I believe tuition is like $200 us a month or so. They have a website. The owners are american church groups. UNiversity they have to go to LA Vega. Good luck.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
There are several American, or as many of the locals call them white gringo schools, There is a large Catholic School, with separate high schools for boys and girls, there is a public high school, and there are several schools like my wifes. There is also an Agricultural/forestry college where they also teach adult students Adult basic education. There are varying opinions on the quality of education available, but certainly there seem to be many well educated people in town. There are lots of foreigners living in town and higher in the mountains that are not American and not missionaries.