Experienced US Teacher, Former Jesuit, Looking for Job

fightingirish

Dec 8, 2005
Hi, I will be relocating to the DR this summer, and am looking for work. Any ideas, suggestions, or connections would be MUCH appreciated!

I have a degree from Notre Dame, a Masters in Education, a Masters in Philosophy, and 6 years experience in the classroom and designing curricula. I speak English and Spanish and some French. (I also have some experience at a Fortune 50 company in sales and marketing).

I spent the last several years as a Jesuit seminarian, working in a *wide* variety of locales and positions as part of my formation. (Recently I lived and worked in the Guachupita neighborhood of SD).

The Jesuits are known mostly for their educational skills, and I like to think that I have been well-trained to think on my feet and respond well in all situations.

I would be thrilled to find a job in education in Santiago or SD, but would be excited to talk about *any* available positions.

Anyone out there Jesuit-educated, or willing to do an ex-seminarian a favor? I have a resume and references available upon request.

Thanks!
grantdwyer@yahoo.com

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
fightingirish said:
Hi, I will be relocating to the DR this summer, and am looking for work. Any ideas, suggestions, or connections would be MUCH appreciated!

I have a degree from Notre Dame, a Masters in Education, a Masters in Philosophy, and 6 years experience in the classroom and designing curricula. I speak English and Spanish and some French. (I also have some experience at a Fortune 50 company in sales and marketing).

I spent the last several years as a Jesuit seminarian, working in a *wide* variety of locales and positions as part of my formation. (Recently I lived and worked in the Guachupita neighborhood of SD).

The Jesuits are known mostly for their educational skills, and I like to think that I have been well-trained to think on my feet and respond well in all situations.

I would be thrilled to find a job in education in Santiago or SD, but would be excited to talk about *any* available positions.

Anyone out there Jesuit-educated, or willing to do an ex-seminarian a favor? I have a resume and references available upon request.

Thanks!
grantdwyer@yahoo.com

Sorry. With credentials like yours, you just aren't qualified enough to teach here.

Obviously kidding! You are over-qualified if anything.

I am a teacher here. Send me a PM and I will try to help you get oriented. You may want to consider university level as well as secondary.

Scandall