Favourite memory...

Cdn Girl

Oct 21, 2004
One year ago, I was just starting my two month long stay in the Dominican. There hasn't been one single day since then that I haven't daydreamed about being back on the beautiful beaches of Sosua and Cabarete.... Just wanted to share my thoughts with everyone else... especially those stuck in the cold like me right now... I also want to hear everyone's favourite memories of the Dominican.... mine is renting a scooter and going to Playa Caleton, the most beautiful beach I have ever seen!

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Cdn Girl said:
One year ago, I was just starting my two month long stay in the Dominican. There hasn't been one single day since then that I haven't daydreamed about being back on the beautiful beaches of Sosua and Cabarete.... Just wanted to share my thoughts with everyone else... especially those stuck in the cold like me right now... I also want to hear everyone's favourite memories of the Dominican.... mine is renting a scooter and going to Playa Caleton, the most beautiful beach I have ever seen!
Mine is the time I said good bye to my virginity in a secluded beach.

I think I was about 7 0r 8 y/o

dmad

Jun 12, 2004
Playa Caleton

Also my favorite beach. Did you meet good old Henry?
My first stop there I was just another gringo though even then he treated us good. Henry and the rest of the locals have always taken good care of us whenever we show up. He and another local took my kids and I fishing one day, didn't catch many fish but the memories.
Flights $3500.00 (4 people)
Villa $2600.00
Rental Car (can't remember)
Day of fishing in a small wooden boat $50.00 (5 people)
Memories PRICELESS

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Cdn Girl said:
I guess mine would be the day I moved here.
I agree that Playa Caleton is awesome.
Please don't be offended when I point out, that to say, "in the Dominican", is like saying, "in the Canadian" or "in the American".
Most of us, simply refer to it as the DR.

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
Rocky said:
I guess mine would be the day I moved here.
I agree that Playa Caleton is awesome.
Please don't be offended when I point out, that to say, "in the Dominican", is like saying, "in the Canadian" or "in the American".
Most of us, simply refer to it as the DR.
Apologies for the minor hijack but........
According to the CIA World FactBook located at http://cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/dr.html
Country name:
conventional long form: Dominican Republic
conventional short form: The Dominican
local long form: Republica Dominicana
local short form: La Dominicana
Of course then a person must weigh the accuracy of the CIA research which has been proved flawed in the past.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
AlaninDR said:
Apologies for the minor hijack but........
According to the CIA World FactBook located at http://cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/dr.html
Country name:
conventional long form: Dominican Republic
conventional short form: The Dominican
local long form: Republica Dominicana
local short form: La Dominicana
Of course then a person must weigh the accuracy of the CIA research which has been proved flawed in the past.
It's comforting to know that I am more knowledgeable than the CIA.
Hey, weren't they the guys with the stories about weapons of mass destruction?
"Sorry, Mr. President.... I thought you said, "oil wells of mass production"....

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
This argument is as old as the hills. There is no point debating it for the 137th time on this board.

Say whatever you want. Just be aware that you will NEVER raise eyebrows or spark a debate by calling it "The DR". But you will if you call it "The Dominican".

Scandall

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
Scandall said:
This argument is as old as the hills. There is no point debating it for the 137th time on this board.

Say whatever you want. Just be aware that you will NEVER raise eyebrows or spark a debate by calling it "The DR". But you will if you call it "The Dominican".

Scandall
LOL, had the shot, took the shot.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Scandall said:

Scandall
We weren't debating it.
Just pointing out, how uninformed the CIA is.

Country name: USA
conventional long form: The United Sates of America
conventional short form: The American

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Rocky said:
We weren't debating it.
Just pointing out, how uninformed the CIA is.

Country name: USA
conventional long form: The United Sates of America
conventional short form: The American

I disagree, The CIA (Canadian Intelligence AGency) does an excellent job of tracking the migration of moose. :)

I know you were not debating it.....I just wanted to stamp out any sparks before someone poured fuel on it. This board can be so redundant.

BTW: What's a Sankie?

Scandall

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Scandall said:
The CIA (Canadian Intelligence AGency) does an excellent job of tracking the migration of moose. :)Scandall
Moose don't migrate.
You must be thinking of Caribou "in the Canadian".
Now, before we get our collective wrists slapped, and really P off the OP, let's get back to favourite memories....
PS: Scandall. You could tell us that story again, about you and the 3 sheep.

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Rocky said:
PS: Scandall. You could tell us that story again, about you and the 3 sheep.

I shared that story with you in confidence. My heart was broken.

In a nutshell...I visited a farm for vacation and got to know three of the sheep there pretty well...we hung around and went dancing but nothing physical ever happened...but, as soon as I returned to Canada they started calling and emailing telling me how much they loved me and then started asking for me to send them money...eventually I found out that they were pulling the scam on two other guys...it was horrible...

I hope that the people who read this post will tink twice when sheep are being overly-friendly so quickly....protect yourselves...

Scandall

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Scandall said:
I shared that story with you in confidence. My heart was broken.

In a nutshell...I visited a farm for vacation and got to know three of the sheep there pretty well...we hung around and went dancing but nothing physical ever happened...but, as soon as I returned to Canada they started calling and emailing telling me how much they loved me and then started asking for me to send them money...eventually I found out that they were pulling the scam on two other guys...it was horrible...

I hope that the people who read this post will tink twice when sheep are being overly-friendly so quickly....protect yourselves...

Scandall
Yes, but....
Was it one of your favourite memories?

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
Scandall said:

Scandall
And you thought "protecting yourself" only meant using a condom?