antony santos

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Antony Santos' new cd- Jan 2006

His new cd is called Lloro. I sampled it on the weekend. Nice line up of all bachatas and no 'merengue de cuerda' much to my surprise.

Do enjoy it!

LDG.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
In case you are in Sosua on the 28th of this month you can catch him live at the Sosua Car Wash.

Janni

Mar 19, 2005
Hola todo el mundo!!!;)

Do you happen to know if Antony Santos has any other upcoming conceirtos? I'm going to be in POP Feb 8 - 22 and would love to catch him in concert or any other bachata/merengue performer for that matter!!! (Raulin Rodrigues, Zaccaria Ferriera, Joe Veras etc...)

Planner.....maybe I'll catch ya this time during one of your salsa nights out???:classic:

Golfer

Apr 7, 2002
No help to you but...

Antony Santos - Higuey - Jan 20
Elvis Martinez - San Pedro - Jan 21
Aventura - Altos de Chavon - Jan 28

It sure would be a nice board feature to have a concert thread. It seems that the only way to find out about these gems is to read the posters on the poles as you ride around.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
great idea!!!

it is nearly impossible to get info both here in the US or in the DR for concerts.

could be a section for all arts..not just music or bachata...both in the DR and elsewhere.

i dunno anna..what do you think?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I think we should have a music forum to announce up coming concerts in the DR or Dominican artists performing elsewhere ;)

I'll ask Robert what he thinks.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
awesome!!! it could be more of a "cultural" formum. NOt just music...but perhaps gallery exhibits, literature etc.

In my personal experience it has been very diffiucult finding accurate information about this kind of stuff before traveling to the DR (and would be nice to know when there are Dominican events in my area besides the annual parade). I am traveling for nearly two weeks this year (not nearly long enough)....and we are definitely want to do more than just hang out on the beach and watch all the sankies do there thing LOL.

anyhow..i think a cultural section would be great!

keep up the great work here tho!!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
jrzyguy said:
.and we are definitely want to do more than just hang out on the beach and watch all the sankies do there thing LOL.

anyhow..i think a cultural section would be great!

keep up the great work here tho!!!

It would make me a whole lot happier if you reported on the culture and music rather than sankies. It's not even the end of Jan. yet and I've had my fill of it. ;)