Fontesa water

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
Has anyone ever heard anything bad about Fontesa water? I am in Las Terrenas now and some people have recommended that we buy Maria water instead of Fontesa.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
i drink Fontesa and other brand every day : all the same, regular water !

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Welcome To The Domincan Republic!!!!!!!!

Everyone who can read "Spanish" go read the "Diario Libre" article referenced above!
For those who don't read "Spanish",basically, the Gov.closed 57 "Pure Water":rolleyes: plants "Up North"!
This "same" article comes out every year or so.That is about how often the "Gov." checks some water plants!Same results every time! Contaminated Water!
Here is "WHY".A Dominican who has a water plant knows that he will go years without being "monitored"! Even if he is "checked",he can probably give the "checker" a few thousand pesos to "Pass" the "test! If he is shut down,he can then re-open a few weeks later.Why actually use the "Reverse-Osmosis" process(Costs a lot to do,water,you lose 4 of 5 liters in the process,filters,electricity,)when you can just put a few drops of "Clorox" in the water,and run it through a "Dirt" filter,and no one will be the wiser!!
I drank the tap water in Santo Domingo for many years(but then you KNOW where MY mouth has been!) until my Dominican family "forced" me to start drinking bottled water.They won't even have the tank truck that goes by our house fill our "empties"! It has to be "Agua Planeta"
Do like Ken does if you want decontaminated water,"a few drops of "Purisima" in your pitcher!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC