A-Rod decides to play for the US

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

As the (queer's) World Turns.

From his speech: "I'd like to take this opportunity to upstage every other player and the event itself, by allowing them my company for the tournament".

Someone put a heater in his earhole.

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
This is going to be interesting

Can you imagine having to face the US lineup now with a deep pitching staff? When these two teams to meet up I just hope... Who's your daddy don't become a headhunter out of frustration and just have a clean series.:nervous:

Malafama

Mar 17, 2005
Whatever.. What our team needs is pitching.. we are the the strongest offensive team on the tournament.

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
I think he must tell a better excuse why he decided to play for USA, Mike Piaza, was born and grow in USA as him, but decide to play for Italy.

Fortunately we have a lot good players like him that can play 3rd. base.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
You're a mind reader...

GongShow said:
Pretty funny all the same.
...or more likely - with 5 posts under your belt - a sock puppet.

As long as it makes you laugh, it's all good.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Cleef said:
Why accuse him of being a sock puppet? Is it because he didn't take your bait?

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Nah

rellosk said:
Why accuse him of being a sock puppet? Is it because he didn't take your bait?
It's years of experience, and the ability to read.

Why'd you take the bait?

If you have nothing to say, resist giving us wordy evidence.

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Cleef said:
As the (queer's) World Turns.

From his speech: "I'd like to take this opportunity to upstage every other player and the event itself, by allowing them my company for the tournament".

Someone put a heater in his earhole.

I predict A-Rod fouls out in the third period. But gets a few three pointers before he does.

Scandall

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Cleef said:
It's years of experience, and the ability to read.

Why'd you take the bait?

If you have nothing to say, resist giving us wordy evidence.
Cleef, I don't get your anger. I was just questioning why you'd accuse a new poster that chuckled at your joke, a sock puppet.

My bad, I retract my question.:cross-eye

GongShow

Jan 15, 2006
huh?

Cleef said:

As long as it makes you laugh, it's all good.

What exactly is a sock puppet? I'm not up-to-date on todays internet lingo.
(and i only have 5 posts)

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
GongShow said:
What exactly is a sock puppet? I'm not up-to-date on todays internet lingo.
(and i only have 5 posts)
It's when someone creates another username to pretend they are someone else.

Sometimes it may happen because someone is banned from posting on a board, so they just create a new username and resume posting. Other times it's done to give the appearance that others support their viewpoint.

I'm not sure why Cleef accused you of being a sock puppet, or why he flared up when I questioned him.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
BongShow

GongShow said:
What exactly is a sock puppet? I'm not up-to-date on todays internet lingo.(and i only have 5 posts)
Are the smiley faces only appearing on my screen? No anger, it's all good.

But really "rellosk", if you're post has nothing to do with the OP, or a related subject, why pipe up? Words are great and all, but don't use them to replace thinking.

A sock puppet (from what ARBHE tells me) is someone that takes on a new alias so that their previous (supposedly real) persona is not confused with their "new" (now profound) outlook on everything. It's where cowards go when their first attempts at posting are made into mince meat.

With only 5 posts to your "credit", and veering wildly off-topic to the Red Sox, I had to assume you were one of the assorted Tri-State MeRod strokers-----or you meant to write "BongShow". ;) (<----LOOK)

GongShow

Jan 15, 2006
No sock puppet

I thought the heater in the ear bit was good! Thanks for stickin up for the new guy rellosk!

GongShow

Jan 15, 2006
I got it figured out.

Cleef,
You're an idiot. You have nothing better to do than sit on your computer and look for trivial things on here to pick fights about?!?! A-rod plays for the yankees and their biggest rivals are the red sox (in case you didn't know) So when I hear about heaters in A-rods ears I "assume" you dont like him cause you like the sox. I would now "assume" that you live in the DR. I really hope there are better things to do there than pick fights on the internet. Im coming on sunday and i'll be very dissapointed if i'm stuck beside you in the internet cafe all day. Grow up pal. You make your country look bad.

P.S.- the only reason you'd think of a person being a sock-puppet is because its something you do yourself!!

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Snuffed out

GongShow said:
Cleef, You're an idiot. You have nothing better to do than sit on your computer and look for trivial things on here to pick fights about?!?! A-rod plays for the yankees and their biggest rivals are the red sox (in case you didn't know) So when I hear about heaters in A-rods ears I "assume" you dont like him cause you like the sox. I would now "assume" that you live in the DR. I really hope there are better things to do there than pick fights on the internet. Im coming on sunday and i'll be very dissapointed if i'm stuck beside you in the internet cafe all day. Grow up pal. You make your country look bad.

P.S.- the only reason you'd think of a person being a sock-puppet is because its something you do yourself!!
I hit that one on the head didn't I? As I said, it's where cowards go.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
apdomini100max said:
We dont need A-Rod we will kick A$$ any ways its all part of being DOMINICAN.

He knew who he was going to play for all along,

he just wanted to feel special by creating drama being undecided.

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
GongShow said:
Cleef,
You're an idiot. You have nothing better to do than sit on your computer and look for trivial things on here to pick fights about?!?! A-rod plays for the yankees and their biggest rivals are the red sox (in case you didn't know) So when I hear about heaters in A-rods ears I "assume" you dont like him cause you like the sox. I would now "assume" that you live in the DR. I really hope there are better things to do there than pick fights on the internet. Im coming on sunday and i'll be very dissapointed if i'm stuck beside you in the internet cafe all day. Grow up pal. You make your country look bad.

Actually, I do not like A-Rod either and it is not because I am from Boston. I like several of the Yankees. But A-Rod is arrogant and a "part-time Dominican"...when it is convenient for him.

He also lost any admiration I had for him when I saw his pitiful display in the playoffs 2 years ago. Pathetic.

Cleef is being a bit of a weener...but that is all part of his "charming nature".

BTW: you worry about coming to the DR and spending "all day" in an internet cafe next to him? Is that what you come here to do?

And the bit about Cleef making "his country" look bad is more than a melodramatic stretch. Just say you didn't like his comment....it carries much more weight. Only an idiot judges a whole country by one person's "message board comments".

God knows I do not judge the DR by the people I interact with daily on its streets. There are plenty of others who I don't know.

Scandall