Travel Times Please

summerluvinn

Jan 17, 2006
My boyfriend and I are flying into Santo Domingo on a Sunday or Monday (Feb 12, 2006) afternoon and was wondering in all practical sense how long it will take up to get to Bayahibe? (Unless there is somewhere closer to the Parque Nacional del Este, which is our destination) Also, what transit options do we have and prices? We were also considering going to Jarabacoa and were wondering if there was a direct route from el Parque del Este or would it be better to travel back to Santo Domingo? Any info would be wonderful! Muchas Gracias! :D

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
From Las Americas International to Bayahibe should take you about an hour and a half. Your options are to rent a car, take a taxi, or rough it with public transportation. Public transportation means catching a taxi outside the airport (only union taxi drivers are allowed to take passengers there) or a motoconcho ride to the highway. And from there picking up the commuter bus to La Romana and from there catching the commuter bus to Bayahibe. This can be time consuming, but it would cost you about 15% of what the taxi would.

If you arrive in daytime, I'd recommend you to rent a car. This area is good for driving around. If you don't have a car, it will cost you lots to get around.