A-Rod who? Here is the real DR PRIDE "Aisha"

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Yes, she is a proud dominican pakistani girl who was raising a few eye brows even when she was a little girl. now I see that her hard work has paid off and she has turned out to be a talented and indeed, a beautiful girl. I know her dad and had seen her when she was a little baby. Dominicans and pakistanis both should be proud of this young talent which will raise the dominican flag to a much higher level in the international arena.
AZB

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
AZB said:
Yes, she is a proud dominican pakistani girl who was raising a few eye brows even when she was a little girl. now I see that her hard work has paid off and she has turned out to be a talented and indeed, a beautiful girl. I know her dad and had seen her when she was a little baby. Dominicans and pakistanis both should be proud of this young talent which will raise the dominican flag to a much higher level in the international arena.
AZB

Bravo!

Scandall

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Perhaps a stretch

AZB said:
AZB
This name sounds familiar, and the story does too. I thought she was brought up in another post awhile back.

Can anyone verfiy that?

A great story indeed.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
how the hell did I miss the previous thread?
Damn, I lost the phone number of her father. I have got to contact him and congratulate him on his daughter's success.
AZB

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
AZB said:
AZB
That's a nice mix

I would love to get her autograph

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
It's a comman indian / pakistani name. Aisha in arabic means: life. Hindus also use this name. Its a very common feminine name in that region.
Syed, her last name is her dad's last name. Her dad is a business man who started by owning cafeterias in schools ex: PUCMM university. Hillbilly might knew the man. His name is safiuddin (not sure of spelling). Later he went into real estate business and free zone businesses. He is activily involved in pakistani, dominican culture exchange activities. Her mom (a well known dominican lawyer) is often seen dressed in pakistani clothes.
This girl was attracting attention all over santiago ever since she was a little kid. Indeed a very smart girl from the very beginning. I have heard of her fame for many years but I was shocked to see that she had grown up so fast. I still had the vision of a little girl in my mind. God bless her and congratulations to her parents.
AZB

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
AZB said:
It's a comman indian / pakistani name. Aisha in arabic means: life. Hindus also use this name. Its a very common feminine name in that region.
Syed, her last name is her dad's last name. Her dad is a business man who started by owning cafeterias in schools ex: PUCMM university. Hillbilly might knew the man. His name is safiuddin (not sure of spelling). Later he went into real estate business and free zone businesses. He is activily involved in pakistani, dominican culture exchange activities. Her mom (a well known dominican lawyer) is often seen dressed in pakistani clothes.
This girl was attracting attention all over santiago ever since she was a little kid. Indeed a very smart girl from the very beginning. I have heard of her fame for many years but I was shocked to see that she had grown up so fast. I still had the vision of a little girl in my mind. God bless her and congratulations to her parents.
AZB
Cool,

Thanx for the info.....More info than what google would've given me k1w1

How big is the Pakistani community in the DR?

I have been confused by Egyptians and asked many times what part of Egypt I was from as well as Hindu/Pakistani although I am 110% Dominicano.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
k1w1 said:
right now it's called Google. (other names will follow). (Isn't it crazy that with 'connection' you never HAVE to ask a 'person' such things. Kinda cool & kinda spooky & definitely kinda weird for me personally)
Aisha = arabic for 'Alive'

Thanx k1w1

You have to watch out using Google. This is very much frowned upon by some DR1 members and everytime you would come up with answers retrieved from your own wisdom they would still think that you are just getting all your answers from google and would label you as "the google's junkie"

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
See Aisha play in Nuria

Wow!!!

I was finally able to hear this angel play her violin and I must say that she is a true world wonder...

Now I see why Britain and so many other people have taking special interest in this girl as well as giving her so many scholarships.

Men!!! the way she plays that violin would not just make Balaguer cry when she played his favorite song by his bedside on his last days but It would make anybody cry.

Here is the Video for those of you that want to see her play

Just go down the list and click on AISHA
http://www.nuria.com.do/casos05.php

While you are there also check "Vin Diesel" the girl that would turn him down on his hotel invitation. I think she is a fool.....She should've taken the offer just like every other girls do.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Mr_DR said:
Cool,

Thanx for the info.....More info than what google would've given me k1w1

How big is the Pakistani community in the DR?

I have been confused by Egyptians and asked many times what part of Egypt I was from as well as Hindu/Pakistani although I am 110% Dominicano.
The pakistani community is very small in all, parts of DR except santo domingo. I hear many young folks come to study medicine there. Apart from Mr. syed in santiago, there are a few pakistani professionals spread out all over this island. There is a pakistani dentist married to a dominican dentist in Mao. His name is Dr. saqib Khan. He is very well known there. The other pakistani doctor is a Cardiologist in constanza. he was also married to a dominican lady from the capital and has kids as well. Then you have a few other pakistani doctors in capital, also married to respectable dominican ladies. There is an indian business man in cabarete known as Jitu. He is politically connected and has done very well for himself through owning and operating various businesses. I have heard of many other indian pakistani business men established in various parts of this island and doing quite well.
Now speaking of dominicans resembling indians, pakistanis and arabs? Its so true, I was in morocco a few months ago and I tell you this, all moroccans seen like dominicans. Santiagueros seem typically pakistani and indians. I am 100% confused for a santiaguero until I open up my mouth. Don't forget, there is alot of arab blood flowing in domninican veins. Just look at names like Khoury, dabas, mustafa, attallah, hazim, nazir, hakim, dumit, etc etc.
AZB

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
AZB said:
Don't forget, there is alot of arab blood flowing in domninican veins. Just look at names like Khoury, dabas, mustafa, attallah, hazim, nazir, hakim, dumit, etc etc.
AZB
That's true

I also know that ex president now deceased, Jacobo Majluta was Lebanese.