What will it cost

G

gary short

I can't find that thread about the price per/month for living in D.R. My budget Is 1000us/mth. Have found rentals in Costambar for 300 to 500. Another 500 for expenses and can go to 2000/mth if need be. I saw a post where the general concensus was 5 to 8k/mth. Wow, I think I can buy or build for 60k, am I out to lunch.

caro

Sep 24, 2003
that question will be always hard to answer because nobody need the same level of living. I know with 1000 US/month I could do it very fine for me but for a another person that will not be the case .

maybe if you tell people what is your need , what kind of level of life you expect to live there you will have more a better answer to your question .

like what kind of transport you will use ? your own car or guagua , motoconcho or taxi....

you will cooking home or eat at restaurant many time a week ?

ect .......

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
Gary, your best bet is to rent for a year to get more familliar wirh local costs. Don't do any building until you are sure of what you really want to do. Canadian Bob.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I agree with BOB, dont' build yet. Get a feel for the place first. As for cost of living. YES you can live for 1,000 a month. I spend about 850 US per month and live quite well.

G

gary short

lots of beer

planner said:
I agree with BOB, dont' build yet. Get a feel for the place first. As for cost of living. YES you can live for 1,000 a month. I spend about 850 US per month and live quite well.

That's what I want to hear. I'm not including the price of vehicle. That 1000/mth is for rent, food and beer, lots of beer.