Alamo???

The Voice

Nov 29, 2005
Has anyone rented a car from the Alamo in Bavaro/Punta Cana? I have a reservation with them in May, and I wanted to know if anyone had any bad experiences witht them.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
They are part of National here. They are one of the best car rental companies in the DR. I would have no hesitation recommended either Alamo or National.
Many DR1 people have booked and continue to book with them.

The Voice

Nov 29, 2005
Robert said:
They are part of National here. They are one of the best car rental companies in the DR. I would have no hesitation recommended either Alamo or National.
Many DR1 people have booked and continue to book with them.

Not to mention the cheapest. For 16 days, I am only paying $550US. This is of course without the CDW/LDW insurance, which is one of the biggest scams out there. My Visa card (all visa cards) carry personal car rental insurance for free, and I plan on using this coverage to save me money. Thanks Robert.

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
The Voice said:
Not to mention the cheapest. For 16 days, I am only paying $550US. This is of course without the CDW/LDW insurance, which is one of the biggest scams out there. My Visa card (all visa cards) carry personal car rental insurance for free, and I plan on using this coverage to save me money. Thanks Robert.

what kinda car are you getting?

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
Rented a Nissan Sentra from Alamo twice when I was in PC,DR in 2001/2002 and had no problem. Make sure you do an overall check on the car yourself and note any scratches that is not taken note off. Their prices were the best as booked from Toronto,Canada, if you make reservations in the DR, the cost is more expensive.