PUCCM University

Pingu

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 20, 2005
I was wondering if anyone has a general idea of how the courses and daily schedule are structured. By that I mean the hours you are actually in class learning. Ex. Mon-Fri 8 AM until 12 PM.

Also, are you allowed to choose the acutal courses you want or do you have to adhere to a system administered by the school and you must pick the courses the school tells you must take in order to recieve their diploma.

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If you know how to read and write in Spanish, PUCMM can offer you a career in the fields of:
Business
Engineering-Electro-Mechanical; Electronic; Telematics, Computing; Civil, Industrial.
Health: Physical Therapy; Estomatology; Medicine (maybe nursing in the near future)
Social Communication (Television, radio, journalsim)
Philosophy
Psychology (?) I'm not sure about this one.
Hotel and Restaurant Management
Architecture

The career you choose has a pretty set pensum. There are a few electives, and as a student, you can always take any course for which you have the prerequisits...ie, you cannot take Physics if you have not had Math 102, nor can you take Dominican History if you have not had Western Civ.

Normally, students take between 18 and 24 credits, but Med students take as manyas 32 credits in a semester, but they are not supposed to sleep or eat or party at all...

Let me know what you want to study, maybe I can steer you in the right direction, if you are fluent in Spanish--we do not teach anything in English.

Cordially,

HB

Pingu

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 20, 2005
Hillbilly,

Thanks for the insight. I speak spanish very fluently and read well, however I want my Spanish writing to be on the scholarly level that my English is. I am a 20 year old screenwriter so I'm not going to school for a "career," I just want to go because I prefer to study overseas for a few years since technology makes it extremely easy to get my writings and manuscripts to my agents, producers, etc.

From what you gave me, I'm leaning towards either Business or telecommunications. I was also wondering if you're able to place out of certain courses. For example, I've taken AP American History. I'd hate to study it again, especially if Dominican History is available. The same for math, although I'll think about how much I really wanna take Physics again.

What's the courseload? Is there lots of homework and tests, or is the grading system based on class participation, the inisght you give to the proffessor, etc. You wrote "Normally, students take between 18 and 24 credits..." what is this in terms of LITERAL SCHOOL TIME HOURS? (Ex. 8AM-12PM) I want to go back to school, but I also have to find time to write for home or else its back to the USA.

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
Classes run from 8 - 12 pm and 2 - 8:00 p.m. (or sometimes later depending on the professor)

There are some classes taught for people who need to improve their writing skills that are designed for the American and other foreign students who may need to bring their writing to the next level. It is similar to a composition 101 for college students in the US.

About History classes - there are some great profesors at PUCMM, who do an amazing job of teaching and having you understand history. And you can disregard your AP American History Class - it is not worth much at PUCMM - except it may be under foriegn history. Also consider an economics class - the history of the Economics in the DR goes hand in hand with the history of the country.