North Coast

Fireguy1

Jan 16, 2006
As someone who is interested in eventually living in DR could anyone tell me why there are so many properties listed on the North Coast in relation to the rest of the country?

Thanks

Fireguy1

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004
!

Fireguy1 said:
As someone who is interested in eventually living in DR could anyone tell me why there are so many properties listed on the North Coast in relation to the rest of the country?

Thanks

Fireguy1

From what i heard by talking to people in this area is that prices have increased dramatically over the last 6 years or so and i guess they're just profit taking

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
On the North Coast, especially Sosua and Cabarete and a few othes places now, the advertising is slanted toward a large foreign buying population - easily available on the internet and in English/German and some other languages. There are other properties available. Have you had a look at http://www.supercasas.com?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
billyidol said:
From what i heard by talking to people in this area is that prices have increased dramatically over the last 6 years or so and i guess they're just profit taking

Past year or year and a half, not 6

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
I would add that the north coast is the most developped real estate area. Punta Cana and La Romana has mostly hotels and the rest of the island is more for locals. North coast has many developped RE developments targeted to foreigners.

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
South Coast Definition Please...

Fireguy1 said:

Thanks

Fireguy1
Do you mean, excluding Santo Domingo? Because, more than 75% of the apts/houses listed on "Super Casas" are in the capital.

-Helpmann :)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Fireguy1 said:

Thanks

Fireguy1
Because it is a very attractive area for gringos to move to, so there is a lot of demand, so there is a lot of building, so there are a lot of listings.