Santiago City Street Map

Pingu

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 20, 2005
I am fiendishly looking all around the web for a decent Santiago City STREET Map. Can anyone provide a link to a site that has such. I can't seem to find anything except Georgraphy and various other types that I have no need for.

Pingu

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 20, 2005
It's the right idea, but I need something waaay more clear. If anyone knows of any site, please post it.

One for the capital would be cool too. Thanks.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Rocky said:
The link above, ( http://www.bocachicabeach.net/images/maps/map_santiago_low.jpg
) if saved on your PC, can be enlarged, and is the best yet.
Berntson & Berntson (not sure of the spelling), make maps of the DR, that include a Santiago city map, for approx. 10 bucks.
Rocky,

Proper spelling is Berndtson & Berndtson and for the OP a Google search of

Berndtson & Berndtson maps

bring up lots of sources.

Gregg

Sep 19, 2005
I am a freak for maps myself, and have always been in search of better maps...I have the Berndtson & Berndtson map and it is good, especially for the car, but it chops a lot of santiago out of the picture!

I bought a map recently in santiago it is called:

MAPA TURISTICO. SANTIAGO REGION NORTE.....but it does offer the whole country as ell on one side....it has blow ups of S F DE MACORIS , BONAO, LA VEGO, SOSUA, PUERTO PLATA, MOCA, SAMANA, LAS TERRENAS, AND RIO SAN JUAN...PLUS THE CITY OF SANTIAGO ON ONE WHOLE SIDE OF THE MAP

covers from Ingenio Abajo on the NW to Canabacoa on the SE side of the map

it is produced by Compania de Inversiones... and they list a website

www.companiadeinversiones.com

telephone in santiago 809-583-2033

again a really really good map...dont know how it would show up on the web if it shows up at all

good luck.....bob

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Mapas Gaar

Really good Dominican produced maps are made by Mapas Gaar (El Conde 502, SD, tel.8096888004/6894830, mapasgaar@verizon.net.do).
I've got a 'Region Este/ Santo Domingo' map here, with detailed city plans of Santo Domingo and towns in the East and an up-to-date map, apparently realistic about road conditions, of the whole country; 150 pesos.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
The website Rocky & the others linked are the best you are going to get without physically buying one. The map Bob mentioned is a very good one, I use that one alot.

Pingu

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 20, 2005
I have a Physical map, and its okay. I just need to get one on my computer because I'm trying to set-up a program where I'll try to put all of the hot-spots.

I'm trying to find a map that has all the intersection and street names.

Sep 19, 2005
I fyou search long enough yo may find one. I had one up onthe screen last fall when i was searching around.. I did a lot of surfing then as well as a bunch were posted here...much more than has shown up this time around....but even the best ones didnt show the whole city of santiago..... I wonder if you can scan a map.. then blow it up......

bob

Pingu

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 20, 2005
I scanned the one I had and the quality came out less than desirable. The file comes out HUGE and after you shrink it the image gets distorted. It's a real b!tch.

Sep 19, 2005
I am not a computer expert , but I would try and crop and cut, and "save as", the huge file into pieces that you can manage....

good luck....did you go through all the search hits here on the site?

bob

Pingu

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 20, 2005
I've seen this before. I want one similar to this for Santiago but I can't get it. I guess I'll have to figure out some way to make ends meet with this one I have. I just really want to get it on my computer.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Pingu said:
I've seen this before. I want one similar to this for Santiago but I can't get it. I guess I'll have to figure out some way to make ends meet with this one I have. I just really want to get it on my computer.
I guess that means you'll be ignoring my suggestion to send I_th a PM to see if there is one for Santiago?

Pingu

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 20, 2005
rellosk said:
I guess that means you'll be ignoring my suggestion to send I_th a PM to see if there is one for Santiago?

Sorry. I thought I_th was a scripting error on my browser. I sent a PM and it says iser does not exsist. Can you try to see if this user changed his/her name?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Pingu said:
Sorry. I thought I_th was a scripting error on my browser. I sent a PM and it says iser does not exsist. Can you try to see if this user changed his/her name?

I had no problem. You might have typed it in wrong. Just click on this link , click the username, and select "Send a Private Message to...".

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Street Maps in the DR - Santiago - Santo Domingo, etc., etc.

Pingu;

Try this link:

www.dominicanmaps.nav.to
if that doesn't work, change the "to" to "do"
email address is: mapas.gaar@codetel.net.do
if that doesn'twork, try substituting the "codetel" with "verizon"

this company publishes paper maps that are relatively complete with street names and included are othercities and a map of the DR.

Good Luck

Texas Bill