Last Gua Gua from SD to BC?

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
I never get a consistant answer on this one when i am there.

WE are doing a saturday night in the capital...and i THINK that the idependence day parade will be going on in SD on sunday...so would like to catch some of that and then get back to candil in BC on sunday night so we dont have to pay for two hotel rooms for two nights at the same time. (one night is cool...just trying to keep this on budget).

So the question is just when do the express gua gua's from the station in SD stop running to BC on Sunday?

thanks folks....4 weeks and counting!!!!

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Thanks rick...you always "da man". but SEEEEEEEEEE...every time i ask this question..its always a might or maybe etc. And well...me being a nyc'r....i obsess over small details 4 weeks in advance.

I am not stressing over this tho....if worse comes to worse...we can take a taxi back to BC....or even stay an extra night in SD. BUT being the cheap skate that i am...it would be nice to get a ride back to BC for approx 40 pesos vs 800 for a taxi...no?

Oh...i forgot to add...we want an express gua gua.

wow...i am very much in need of this vacation can ya tell?

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
jrzyguy said:
Oh...i forgot to add...we want an express gua gua.
hahaha, what is an "express gua gua"? You should be careful about that 10pm last call ride. Why don't you rent a car from sandy? $30

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Gua-Gua By Day, Not by Night...

The latest I've ever left the capital by gua gua was around 9pm. You really don't want to be searching for a gua-gua after sunset anyway. If you're going to be hanging out in the capital until dark, just pay the RD$900 - RD$1,000 for a cab or rent a car.

-Helpmann :)

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
helpmann said:
The latest I've ever left the capital by gua gua was around 9pm. You really don't want to be searching for a gua-gua after sunset anyway. If you're going to be hanging out in the capital until dark, just pay the RD$900 - RD$1,000 for a cab or rent a car.

-Helpmann :)

ok..thanks to both of you. i think we will just catch a taxi back to BC.

a 9PM from the station doesnt sound that bad....and err...ah....there ARE expresses....well sorta kinda (at least for the carib).

Well...i got my typical domincan response....and that makes me grin ear to ear thinking about being there in just a few weeks!

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
More importantly. . . .have you ever seen the independence day parade in SDQ?
Yawn. . . . . .they parade EVERY single military vehicle down the Malecon. Down to the mopeds. . . .you will most likely wind up leaving early.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
yeah...i kinda caught a bit of it last year (ended up leaving early as i was solo and didnt want to miss that elusive last gua gua lol). I dunno..i was just thinking a couple of days in the city would just break up the monotony of just parking our butts on the beach. BUt if it is just a milatary parade...i think we can skip that. Perhaps we might catch a bus to la vega....but my travel buddy is a trinny...who is very proud of their carvinal...so i dont think it would be worth it as he probably wont be impressed.

Thanks Rafael....most excellent advice! With just a few weeks left before my trip I am just exploring some possabilities for things to do.

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
I don?t know about boca chica but for sure the last guagua to La Romana is at 9:00 pm, the bus stop is near to parque enriquillo too, and they can make an stop at the Boca Chica Gas Station.

Some advise for you, don?t wait for last minute to go to catch the bus, a lot Tapones, a lot people arround the malecon area.