Thread: Gazpacho.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Gazpacho.

Hello,

Does anybody know a restaurant in Santo Domingo with good gazpacho soup? I've checked a couple of spanish restaurants, but they don't have it at all... :-(

I've also heard about some russian or ukrainian restaurant/cafe in Santo Domingo, is it true? I saw a couple of yugoslavian restaurants and one restaurant in the Colonial Zone owned by russian, but it have nothing to do with russian cuisine.

Thank you,
    Franco.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by franco
    Hello,

Does anybody know a restaurant in Santo Domingo with good gazpacho soup? I've checked a couple of spanish restaurants, but they don't have it at all... :-(

I've also heard about some russian or ukrainian restaurant/cafe in Santo Domingo, is it true? I saw a couple of yugoslavian restaurants and one restaurant in the Colonial Zone owned by russian, but it have nothing to do with russian cuisine.

Thank you,
    Franco.
    Try at the Jaragua hotel!

You can also fly to Spain which has plenty of it in Andalucia.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd never order gazpacho in a restaurant, they put all the leftover salad in it. Homemade is the only way, and it's dead easy. Send me a PM if you'd like a recipe!

Having said that, there are several Spanish restaurants that have it on the menu.

Russian/Ukrainian? Not that I've noticed anyway.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine just had it at Rita's cafe down in the colonial zone. It is about four places away from the place the DR1 get together was held Saturday. (you can look at that thread for directions, and a bit of soap opra type drama at the current time ) He really liked it.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by palmiche
    Try at the Jaragua hotel!

You can also fly to Spain which has plenty of it in Andalucia.
    Well...I just came back from Madrid, I went to my favorite restaurant there - El Chaflán, it have a Michelin Star, this place is really famous in Europe and they have the world's best gazpacho.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by expatsooner
    A friend of mine just had it at Rita's cafe down in the colonial zone. It is about four places away from the place the DR1 get together was held Saturday. (you can look at that thread for directions, and a bit of soap opra type drama at the current time ) He really liked it.
    I will try it, thank you!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya
    I'd never order gazpacho in a restaurant, they put all the leftover salad in it. Homemade is the only way, and it's dead easy. Send me a PM if you'd like a recipe!

Having said that, there are several Spanish restaurants that have it on the menu.

Russian/Ukrainian? Not that I've noticed anyway.
    The problem is that I have too many recipes of gazpacho from google and now I will have to try them all to find the best one. Some of them are completely different. I even like the one they have in the Admiral's Club in Madrid Airport (in a juice packages).