Quick Question?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I never knew it to be illegal, but I know very little about the country before arriving here.
Isn't it more of a Catholic church thing?

The Voice

Nov 29, 2005
Rocky said:
I never knew it to be illegal, but I know very little about the country before arriving here.
Isn't it more of a Catholic church thing?

I'm not sure, the only reason why I asked was because I saw an old thread where DR1 members were stating that abortions were illegal. This thread was in 2001.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
The Voice said:
I'm not sure, the only reason why I asked was because I saw an old thread where DR1 members were stating that abortions were illegal. This thread was in 2001.
Threads as recent as last year seem to indicate that abortions are illegal, albeit regularly performed.

If you want a definitive answer, you may want to re-post your question in the legal forum.

The Voice

Nov 29, 2005
rellosk said:
Threads as recent as last year seem to indicate that abortions are illegal, albeit regularly performed.

If you want a definitive answer, you may want to re-post your question in the legal forum.

Thanks for the advice. Thank You.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
HOWMAR said:
... In common practice, those with money have no problem finding a doctor to preform a therapeutic D & C. ...QUOTE]

In the DR Southwest, there are local and foreign ONGs that work with public clinics and hospitals, that refer women for thereapeutic D & Cs and family planning, at no cost.

-

The Voice

Nov 29, 2005
HOWMAR said:
I always thought it was illegal unless for therapeutic reasons for the health of the woman. This seems to be confirmed by Fabio Guzman in the following thread.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19170&highlight=ABORTION

In common practice, those with money have no problem finding a doctor to preform a therapeutic D & C.

BTW- Marco I'm not that old.

Thanks for the link, but this thread was in 2002. Could the law have changed by now? I have heard people say that it is legal, and I now people who have done it. But I'm not sure if they had an abortion legally or illegally. I am getting mixed reports.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
The Voice said:
Thanks for the link, but this thread was in 2002. Could the law have changed by now? I have heard people say that it is legal, and I now people who have done it. But I'm not sure if they had an abortion legally or illegally. I am getting mixed reports.
Just go to a chinese store and get you some self abortion inducing tea.
But only get this tea if it is less than 9 weeks.

I am against abortion after 9 weeks.

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
I know of a girl from England who got herself in "trouble" with a married man and ended up getting an abortion here in Puerto Plata last October.

She seemed to be proud of it for some reason?

I recall that she said it cost her 6500 RD. As far as the legal aspect, I don't know.

The Voice

Nov 29, 2005
Mr_DR said:
Just go to a chinese store and get you some self abortion inducing tea.
But only get this tea if it is less than 9 weeks.

I am against abortion after 9 weeks.

I'm not a female!!!

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
The Voice said:
I'm not a female!!!

It is illegal but many woman go to a back alley to get it done and many, many have died. Basically they bleed to death. In this situation, two lives are terminated by the action of one who tries to correct her preventable mistake.