my wireless router got toasted :(

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
My wireless router got toasted today. I am really upset.
Does anyone want to sell me a cheap router? If not, then I shall buy one. My friend is in USA and coming next week.
But if anyone has a wireless G router for sale, or simply want to get rid of it, I would be interested.
AZB

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
AZB said:
Does anyone want to sell me a cheap router? If not, then I shall buy one. My friend is in USA and coming next week.
But if anyone has a wireless G router for sale, or simply want to get rid of it, I would be interested.
AZB

Allah, the merciful, has punished you for the way you treat your fellow DR1ers. Especially those who chase infidel sankies.

In addition to the burnt router...you will receive three less virgins in paradise.

Allahu akbar!

:) :) :)

Me funny...me make joke...no be mad.

Scandall

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
You look for router you find router...

me make joke....

Larry ( I come in peace) :beard:

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Larry said:
You look for router you find router...

me make joke....

Larry ( I come in peace) :beard:

How about...

If the router won't come to AZB, then AZB must go to the router...

Elhamd?lillah!

-

Sep 19, 2005
AZB said:
AZB
hey AZB how much money do you need to buy a GOOD router?

less worry about getting toasted .....your bad enough when you're NOT upset...we dont want to deal with you when you ARE upset

bob

bertgilbert

Feb 1, 2005
spaces.msn.com
routers are very cheap now

AZB said:
AZB

What is the big deal for a "Doctor of Chiropractic" to just go and buy another one.
Is me allowed to make a joke?

Are you sure it is your router, for me it was the wireless card in the laptop that went, the router is still alive and kicking.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
My router smoked and burnt. I had just bought the sucker less than a month ago. Nevermind, my santiago friend is in california for a week and will be back on monday. He will buy one and I will pay him cash here. I saw a belkins for $39.95 in walmart.com. I should have it in my hands by next week. Life will become normal again.
AZB (how did I ever live without a wireless router?)

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Any possibility

That when we were both using your router during my stay that we overloaded it. I mentioned that I have never had a problem with my Linksys but you said that they had failure problems. Guess what, mine is still up and working.

Thanks for sharing your system with me.

Chuckuindy

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
For sure, Linksys & D-Link are better than Belkins.
Maybe he can change it.
You should be able to pick up a D-Link for 50 bucks.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
AZB said:
My router smoked and burnt. I had just bought the sucker less than a month ago. Nevermind, my santiago friend is in california for a week and will be back on monday. He will buy one and I will pay him cash here. I saw a belkins for $39.95 in walmart.com. I should have it in my hands by next week. Life will become normal again.
AZB (how did I ever live without a wireless router?)

I cant believe you didn't call me.

Meditate on that during your routerless week.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
They said it wouldn't work

Someone told me last week to buy a router for him. I said "why not wireless" as the one he wanted was less than $20 in NYC. He said wireless didn't work in this area.
( Santo Domingo 2 blocks from Plaza Lama) True or false?????

JOHNE

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
johne said:
Someone told me last week to buy a router for him. I said "why not wireless" as the one he wanted was less than $20 in NYC. He said wireless didn't work in this area.

JOHNE
Maybe he was confusing the wireless router with the 3g wireless internet that verizon and contenintal is offering (internet via cell). Tell him that it does work fine if he has dsl in his home or office.
AZB

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
johne said:
I might be wrong, but I thought a wireless network could work anywhere.

As I understand it, the wireless router gets connected (hard-wired) to your wired internet connection. Your computers are then connected wirelessly to the wireless router. The connection from the wireless router to the wireless cards should be independent of your high speed connection.