new intl dominican airline

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I've been hearing about this since 2004. I don't know what the specifics of the agreement is.

Maybe someone might have more info.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
El Tigre said:
I've been hearing about this since 2004. I don't know what the specifics of the agreement is.

Maybe someone might have more info.
Simply put,

It is more like a part of
Luthansa is gonna be flying under the DR flag since the DR has no Airlines

Luthansa with a dominican mask.

They are in a win win situation.

Flakko

Dec 5, 2003
Yeah and read how El Catey Int'l Aiport will be able to receive the Airbus A-640! Wao that airport must be really big! That will be able to receive even the next Airbus which doesn't even exist yet! Maybe will the Wonder Woman's invisible jet over there too! Lmao!

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Just a little help here Flakko.

Flakko said:
Yeah and read how El Catey Int'l Aiport will be able to receive the Airbus A-640! Wao that airport must be really big! That will be able to receive even the next Airbus which doesn't even exist yet! Maybe will the Wonder Woman's invisible jet over there too! Lmao!

There is no such aircraft as an A-640 but there is an A-340 which is in fact a large four engined aircraft built by Airbus capable of carrying many passengers. The new aircraft from Airbus that you speak about is the A-380. It will come in many different configurations and yes it does exist today. It recently went through it's test runs but is not ready to fly until later this year. Many airports that will want to accomodate this monster aircraft will have to re-build their terminals to handle 800+ passengers at one time.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
The Airline is cominig!

Announce pact with Lufthansa to create a Dominican Airline

MADRID. - The Dominican Republic could once again boast its own air carrier -a possibility which seems to be around the corner- after the Government?s Tourism Ministry and the proprietary company of the German Lufthansa, announced here an agreement which could materialize what has been seen as impossible.

Tourism, Felix Jim?nez, and the Andreas Denecke, president of Global Aviation Enabling, (GAE), said that 51% of the shares of the new air carrier will be in Dominican hands, in adherence to Dominican Civil Aeronautics Law 505 and it is expected to begin operations this same year.

The carrier will be called "The Airline" and will have the quality, security and service standards that the German company guarantees, recognized worldwide.

So ?The Airline,? with its Dominican-flagged aircraft darting across the skies, could be the incarnation of the phoenix by the dearly departed Dominicana de Aviacion.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Who are the Dominican hands that will hold most of the shares?..Aerodom, PUNTACANA?

Hansbert, what about the German word Hansa, what does it mean?

Last edited:

Flakko

Dec 5, 2003
DominicanScotty said:
There is no such aircraft as an A-640 but there is an A-340 which is in fact a large four engined aircraft built by Airbus capable of carrying many passengers. The new aircraft from Airbus that you speak about is the A-380. It will come in many different configurations and yes it does exist today. It recently went through it's test runs but is not ready to fly until later this year. Many airports that will want to accomodate this monster aircraft will have to re-build their terminals to handle 800+ passengers at one time.

I know what's an Airbus A-340 and I also know what's an Airbus A380. I'm pretty sure they meant they A340, but it was a mistake. I was just joking! Some people don't know how to take jokes... Jeez!

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
aegap said:
Who are the Dominican hands that will hold most of the shares?..Aerodom, PUNTACANA?

Felix Jimenez, the tourism minister....or should we call it conflict of interest?

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
GRS, how do you know?

I wouldn't exactly call it conflict of interest....Aren't the interest the same-mainly to expand tourism? If it's good for tourism then it's.....

Jan 5, 2006
aegap said:
I wouldn't exactly call it conflict of interest....Aren't the interest the same-mainly to expand tourism? If it's good for tourism then it's.....

It is a conflict of interest if the secretary of tourism facilitated this deal in his official capacity, and then turned around and awarded the deal to a company or group in which he has a personal financial interest.

I do not know if Felix Jimenez or anyone in his family has a personal financial interest in the Dominican company or group that will hold the 51% share. If somehow this statement is true, then it would be very much the same as when a bunch of relatives of the secretary and subsecretary of agriculture were awarded "invernaderos" during the Mejia regime. It's really sad how the number one priority of elected and appointed officials in DR is to figure out a scheme to get rich by stealing from the people.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Since when did airport/airspace matter become the responsability of the Secretariat of Tourism?

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
The ministry of tourism has a seat on the board of Aeronautics which facilitates the permits/airspace on any airline. It is a conflict of interest because you are going to be using govt resources for your own benefit. I know because he told that in a public place. He is supposed to be working for the country...And last, there are a lot of airlines trying to obtain permits to fly in the Dominican Republic which don't get it or it takes more than 2 years. His airline will be flying by the end of the year?

Regards.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Thank You, GRS. He's probably running the same scheme with his Pueblo B?varo investment.

Someone please inform Nuria.

Last edited:

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Now when VIVA Dominicana is resting in peace, someone decided to run another virtual carrier, called "THE AIRLINE". I am wondering how much money will be spent by DOM Gov. to establish this new airline and how quick it will become forgotten ghost, like Air Atlantic, Queen Air, APA, Pan Am Dominicana, Fina and others .:nervous: