Seek apartment Sosua / El Batey

Krystale

Feb 20, 2005
I seek apartement in Sosua, El Batey. Very equipped, with 2 rooms and electricity 24 hours. I will be there to live at the year with wages of the Dominican Republic, then I seek at very handsome price. I need it from 1st of april. If somebody can help me it would be apreciated....

Thank you.

Krystale

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Krystale said:
I seek apartement in Sosua, El Batey.
El Batey is the most expensive part of Sosua for apartments, so you might consider other areas.
Krystale said:
Very equipped,
By that, do you mean furnished?
Krystale said:
with 2 rooms and electricity 24 hours.
2 Bedroom apartments are much harder to find, than singles and are substantially more expensive.
Krystale said:
I will be there to live at the year with wages of the Dominican Republic,
I don't know how much money you are talking about, but if you care to post your apartment budget, it would make it easier for us to answer.

joecanada

Jan 15, 2004
If you're interested in a studio apartment, furnished, safe and with 24 hour power, let me know

Cheers!

Krystale

Feb 20, 2005
joecanada said:
If you're interested in a studio apartment, furnished, safe and with 24 hour power, let me know

Cheers!

But a studio don't have two rooms???? Because I really with 2 rooms.

Krystale

Feb 20, 2005
Rocky said:
El Batey is the most expensive part of Sosua for apartments, so you might consider other areas.

By that, do you mean furnished?

2 Bedroom apartments are much harder to find, than singles and are substantially more expensive.
I don't know how much money you are talking about, but if you care to post your apartment budget, it would make it easier for us to answer.

Thank you for your answer...

Yes I mean furnished... my budget is around 5000-7000 Pesos by month. And I really need a apartement with 2 rooms.... and in El Batey too....

Thanks...

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Krystale said:

Yes I mean furnished... my budget is around 5000-7000 Pesos by month. And I really need a apartement with 2 rooms.... and in El Batey too....

Thanks...
Hmmm. 5000-7000 pesos/month, 2 bedrooms, furnished, 24 hour electric, in El Batey........anything else? How about maid service?

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Won't get much at that price...

5000-7000 RD a month? With everything you are asking? Seriously, I doubt very much that you can find what you are looking for at that price. Check with Ted at Rocky's. He might be able to find you something in the price range you are willing to pay :)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Krystale said:

Thanks...
Assuming you mean 2 bedrooms, it will be extremely difficult to find anything like that in El Batey.
You might luck out in finding a Dominican style apartment down a dirt road, and put in an inverter, to supply you with the 24 hour electricity, but again, it would be virtually impossible to find at that price.
I wish I could tell you different.

joecanada

Jan 15, 2004
Between $150 and $200?

Step back and reassess the cost of living in Sosua. RD$5000 doesn't buy what it used to.

Good luck!

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Read between the lines guys. Who makes that income level in Sosua? And who would be going there to live with that person? The OP needs more advice than where to find an apt.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Charlielyn said:
Read between the lines guys. Who makes that income level in Sosua? And who would be going there to live with that person? The OP needs more advice than where to find an apt.
Especially since this is her post before from her last visit:
Krystale said:
I search an apartment or a villa with 2 rooms and kitchen for 1 month at Sosua ( El Batey). We will be there the 26th of june. With a good price!!!!
We need to be able to receive visit from dominican friends.....

Somebody can help me ??????????????

Thank you,

Krystale

Guess who's coming to dinner.

Chareena

Apr 3, 2004
janssoncarina.blogspot.com
joecanada said:

Cheers!

joecanada,

Can you tell more about this studio apartment? Is it yours and is it an apartment that could be rented for only 2 weeks in March? Where is it situated?

Pls, send me a PM or an e-mail (see my profile).

Thanks in advance.

Chareena

Last edited:

Krystale

Feb 20, 2005
Forget it!!!! I found it and in my range price!!!!!

But thanks for people who really want to help me....

And my private life is not your business!!!!!

joecanada

Jan 15, 2004
Congratulations!

I hope you have a great time while in Sosua. Maybe you could share with the forum where you were able to find a 2-bedroom apartment in El Batey for that budget, as I would like to be able to recommend it.

Cheers!

Joe