Making An Offer On Property???

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Where there is no real estate agents involved...owner has an attorney who manages land estate...what would be the proper way to go about making an offer on land?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Snuffy said:
Where there is no real estate agents involved...owner has an attorney who manages land estate...what would be the proper way to go about making an offer on land?

Number one - get a reliable attorney...
Number two - get a reliable attorney...

And let the attorney write up and make your offer!

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004
!

i agree get a reliable lawyer! Dont let the seller say to you that they already have a lawyer and that all you need do is come into the office and sign the necessary papers....get yourself a lawyer who will then deal with their lawyer

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Yes of course. I agree. However my question is about making an offer and not about agreeing to purchase property. I wanted to know if I can make an inicial offer without the use of an attorney. From a friend I now understand that I should be able to do that. Thank you.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Chris said:
Snuffy, I would suggest you still get a laywer to write up the offer and the conditions of the offer.
Especially how any deposit monies will be held and released.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I think that

it is a little more complicated then simply getting a lawyer and proceeding as some of the other posters have suggested.

The art of the negociations begins now even before you even think of making an offer. For example:
1) Are you Dominican or a gringo?
2) Do you speak the language?
3) Do you have a trusted person that perhaps can make an "offer" ahead of you, which is a low ball so you can determine where they are coming from on the price?
4) Do you know anyone that knows the seller's lawyer?
5) One time I was in a situation in the DR (dealing with a lawyer that represented the sellers in Miami) and part of my offer was so much for the seller and so much for the LAWYER.Could you be in the same situation?

There are, in my opinion, many other facets of negociation that could be used here before you go off and get a lawyer that perhaps you don't know and will do more harm than good.

Good Luck

JOHNE

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
Because of the peculiarities of Dominican real estate law, you should obtain the assistance of an attorney before you sign any documents related to a purchase, even a simple offer to purchase.

My advice to clients is as follows: you can talk all you want, negotiate the price, etc. but when it comes time to sign ANYTHING, I want to see it.