Frozen guacamole update.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Ok folks, you all remember my quest for practical info on freezing avocados (aguacates) and making guacamole later?
I heard all kinds of yahoo, google researched answers and a few even gave me feedback from their own experiements.
Here is my updated results of freezing avacados:
About more than a month ago (like 2 months), I plucked some avacados from my backyard and a few lemons also from there. These were the late season huge avacados with thick mass inside yet lacking the premium flavor of real avacados. The trick is to know when the avacado is ready to be plucked from trees.
Anyway, I took a few heavy duty avacados and let them sit on table for a few days (like 2 days) and then peeled them, took off the hard green crust and cut into pieces of small cubes in a container. I then squeezed some lemon juice on top of it and mashed it all up. The lemon juice preserves color and flavor. I then put the puree in zip lock bags and froze them.
Now after 2 months, I left the bags out untill all the puree thawed. I then added celantro, chopped onions, garlic, tomatoes, sweet chopped peppers and salt. Mixed it all up and got myself delicious fresh tasting guacamole. So folks, the experiment was a total success. Forget what google says on the net, I have just proved it.
AZB

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
You forgot about adding a little bit of milk, Aftab...........but it sounds pretty good so when I pass by Santiago in July, I'll try some of your "guacala-mole" :p hehehe, just kidding......

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
i usually add sour cream to it. Yikexxxx, I just gave away my secret recipe.
Nevermind, I just wanted to come out clean and be over with my secret.
Jons, you are welcome to azb's shack whenever you are in town.
AZB

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Here it goes.....

Ok folks, you all remember my quest for practical info on freezing avocados (aguacates) and making guacamole later?
I heard all kinds of yahoo, google researched answers and a few even gave me feedback from their own experiements.
Here is my updated results of freezing avacados:
About more than a month ago (like 2 months), I plucked some avacados from my backyard and a few lemons also from there. These were the late season huge avacados with thick mass inside yet lacking the premium flavor of real avacados. The trick is to know when the avacado is ready to be plucked from trees.
Anyway, I took a few heavy duty avacados and let them sit on table for a few days (like 2 days) and then peeled them, took off the hard green crust and cut into pieces of small cubes in a container. I then squeezed some lemon juice on top of it and mashed it all up. The lemon juice preserves color and flavor. I then put the puree in zip lock bags and froze them.
Now after 2 months, I left the bags out untill all the puree thawed. I then added celantro, chopped onions, garlic, tomatoes, sweet chopped peppers and salt. Mixed it all up and got myself delicious fresh tasting guacamole. So folks, the experiment was a total success. Forget what google says on the net, I have just proved it.
AZB
Someone asked if a guacamole thread, awaken my Margaret, was AZB's "femous" Guacamole thread.

Well, this is the NOW "famous" thread.

Hey AZB, anything else to add, any more updates?. SOOOOO many people want to know.

AZB, can I add chopped jalapeno peppers to Guacamole?.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
i usually add sour cream to it. Yikexxxx, I just gave away my secret recipe.
Nevermind, I just wanted to come out clean and be over with my secret.
Jons, you are welcome to azb's shack whenever you are in town.
AZB

ok so there was an update thanks.

To my guacamole I add a bit of the fresh salsa I make which already has jalapenos in it but you can add chopped jalapenos if you prefer.

AZB you mixed sour cream in the guacamole?? never seen it done, but I would top it with sour cream I wouldn't mix it in.

Last edited:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I add fresh garlic, fresh celantro, tomatos, onions, tiny bit of salt, lots of lemon juice and sour cream. Mix it all up and serve chilled. Yummyyyyy.

At least people got to learn how to make a good guacamole in little over 5 posts. How many posts it took miguel to bring forth his point of how to land a good dominican? 1500 posts and people still have no clue what is a good dominican, let alone pick one. Hahahahahaha, miguel is a loser.
AZB

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Indeed!!

I add fresh garlic, fresh celantro, tomatos, onions, tiny bit of salt, lots of lemon juice and sour cream. Mix it all up and serve chilled. Yummyyyyy.

At least people got to learn how to make a good guacamole in little over 5 posts. How many posts it took miguel to bring forth his point of how to land a good dominican? 1500 posts and people still have no clue what is a good dominican, let alone pick one. Hahahahahaha, miguel is a loser.
AZB
Hahahahahahaha, I "got" you. I knew if I posted on this thread, it was going to get more posts than when you started it, haha. See, you are NOT the only one who can make a thread "famous". LOL.

Even if you portray yourself to be a dumbass, at times, I know you are a very smart man.

Now, use your Allah's given intelligence and read between the line and you will find out that my thread will NEVER, fully, accomplish it's "intended target" because MANY of the people here are NOT looking for a good Dominican or are "looking in the wrong places". And because of that, my Pakistani brotha, that stupid thread can reach 10,000 posts and still NOT "open people's eyes".

Of all people, I thought YOU knew people, in general.

Now, back to the "famous" topic:

Can you make Guacamole and arepa at the same time?, hahahahahaha!.

Btw:

Death to AZB, by "stoning" him with avocados, fresh garlic, fresh cilantro, tomatoes, onions, tiny bits of salt, lots of lemon juice and sour cream. (All ingredients needed to make YUMMY Guacamole), jejejejejejejejeje!!.

Let's just hope one of his Lapelas doesn't "fall" in the "Guacamole bowl", wahahahahahaha!.

Hey "Freddy" Fender: It only took you 3 posts to now what I already know. Man, you "gotta" be slow or something. Tell AZB to give you some Guacamole and maybe you can "smart up", hahahahahaha!!.

Last edited: