driving directions from sdq to casa de campo

thedrguy

Jan 25, 2006
Is it easy? Do I just go the same way as to San Pedro De Macoris and keep on going? Is there anyone that can give me detailed directions?

Thanks.

May 12, 2005
Yes, keep going towards La Romana. Once in La Romana there will be some signs for Casa de Campo. Sorry I can't be more helpful than that. I would assume that casa de campo would have a web site that contains driving directions from las americas airport in santo domingo.

Sep 19, 2005
well it depends on if you took rte 4 or rte 3 out of SD

in either case rte 3 is the road you would take to go form SP d M to La Romana

if you take ret 3 you go THROUGH SPdM...if you take ret 4 I think you go around SPdM

after getting lost( at night) in that town, and the fact that road signs arent that popular in the DR

take rte 4!

its a wide open road and you can go as fast as you like

bob

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Once you get to La Romana, turn right at the lights and follow the traffic down towards the port area. You'll cross in front of Jumbo, the port will be on your right, then up over a dry bridge. If you're not sure you're going right, ask for the airport. The Casa de Campo entrance is just before it, you can't miss it.

thedrguy

Jan 25, 2006
So basically I go through the lupron in San Pedro, when I get to the end of that road where you have to go right of left at the zona franca, I go right? and then follow that road? where do i go after I go right at the zona frana in spm?

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
If you grab a compass and make sure you head EAST all the time, you will get to La Romana.

There is a faster way to go than through San Pedro, but I think going through San Pedro is easier for the novice driver.

When you get to the town just ask for the way to La Romana and people will point you in the right way.

Sep 19, 2005
when I went from SD to Higuey , VIA La Romana...i took rte 4 out east..it was a nice flat open road, and I didnt pass through the city of San Pedro de Macoris. I went sort of around it, and it was an easy drive....

when i came back through I wanted to hug the shoreline and i went through San pedro de Macoris to Juan Dolio.....I got messed up in that city....although it was dark at the time.......Id always take a path that doesnt go through the downtown part of a city, if, in fact, i dont specifically want to be downtown.....

in the DR signs are poorly displayed if at all...........bob

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
thedrguy said:
Is it easy? Do I just go the same way as to San Pedro De Macoris and keep on going? Is there anyone that can give me detailed directions?

Thanks.

Easy is how you approach it.

Depart Santo Domingo via Autopista Las Americas to Boca Chica, Boca Chica via Autovia del Este towards San Pedro de Macor?s. Proceed after the fuel tank depot to the left of the autovia and just before entering San Pedro there is a **fork in the road, "bear to the left fork" of the highway and take the ?circumnavigation? around San Pedro. This will bring you past the cement plant; you know you are in that area when you see on your far right the new bridge under construction. At the end of this stretch of highway section you will see a Jersey barrier blocking the access to the new bridge, take the ramp to your right and continue to circle to your right and "continue to bear right" until you see the cement plant in front of you. Proceed toward the plant. About 1.5 km past the plant and after passing over the existing bridge, "bear left" at the fork in the road. You follow this road direct to its end with its intersection with the road exiting from San Pedro to La Romana. "Turn Left" and it is about 27 km to La Romana from that point. When you enter La Romana, you will go past a Shell station on your left, then a Texaco station, keep to the far right of the road, when you arrive at the signal lights "turn right" and follow the signs indicating Higuey. The city road will take you over some railroad tracks and past the Jumbo store (grocery, department store, fast food, clean restrooms) on your right, continue direct over the bridges. You will come to a fork in the road, "bear to the left" with the signage directing you to Higuey. The entrance to Casa de Campo is on the right hand side about a half kilometer from the fork.

** You can "bear to the right" of this fork and proceed through San Pedro. Be mindful you have to stay direct on this main road through all the intersections and twists and turns of the road. It will eventually require you to make a "hard left turn" at a ?T? intersection it makes near the entrance of the Zona Franca. The street signage at that location should direct you to the left to La Romana. It is about 2 ? 3 km from this point you would pass the intersection where you would be exiting the circumnavigation route had you taken it.

Regards,
PJT