Carnaval de Mao - Be there or be square!!

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
The information that I have is that it's been held on the second Sunday in March for the past few years, which makes it the 12th of March - this will be confirmed :)

Here's a link to some photos of last years Carnaval .... http://maovalverde.com/gallery/Carnaval2005

Looks like a hell of a lot of fun!

So, who's in? :bandit: Do most people dress up?

Stay well,
Amy

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
I might make my way up there. I have never been before. Maybe a bunch of us could meet up there. Could be a plan.

Larry

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Larry,

This'll be the first Carnaval for me too ... looking forward to it!! The idea is to get a group of people together - it came up in another thread, we weren't sure of the dates but after asking around the second Sunday in March seems to be it.

Stay well,
Amy

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
amy2761 said:
Larry,

This'll be the first Carnaval for me too ... looking forward to it!! The idea is to get a group of people together - it came up in another thread, we weren't sure of the dates but after asking around the second Sunday in March seems to be it.

Stay well,
Amy

OK...

Oh, and uh, you stay well too Amy ;)

me make joke

Larry

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
amy2761 said:
:bandit: Do most people dress up?

Stay well,
Amy

Dress up? Foreigners? None that I have ever seen.

But Larry has been working on his mask and full Diablo outfit since he arrived in September.

Me no make joke.

Stay well,

Scandall

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Careful who you pick on .... I may just have to find one of those paddles and "WHAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCK!" :laugh:

Never mind - pick away!!

Amyisoutbuyingabaseballbat;)

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Damn Larry - you're on the ball today! ;)

Seriously, try to make the trip, it's only a couple of hours drive and I'm sure we'll all have a blast ... you too Scandall.

Paraniod about typing "stay well",
Amy:classic:

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
amy2761 said:
Seriously, try to make the trip, it's only a couple of hours drive and I'm sure we'll all have a blast ... you too Scandall.

Amy:classic:
Yeah, maybe NALS will come too...if he dosent have another "car wreck".....LOL!

Me make very funny joke!

Larry

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Enough already!! That particular horse has been beaten and beaten and beaten. Rest assured, it's dead. :tired:

Now ... back to the Carnaval.

About the costumes, Scandall, you said "Dress up? Foreigners? None that I have ever seen.". I wonder why this is?

Maybe this is a question better suited to HillBilly? Another thing I was wondering about HB, was where you found the information posted in this thread http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46917&highlight=carnaval regarding the dates of this years carnaval?

Stay well,
Amy

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Count me in. I go there religiously every year. I will have my group, a few expats and a bunch of santiaguero tigres.
AZB

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
AZB said:
Count me in. I go there religiously every year. I will have my group, a few expats and a bunch of santiaguero tigres.
AZB

AZB and his infidel friends run up and down the street all day cracking their whips. "Ay, que cosa!"

Scandall

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Sweet! Still have a few conflicting reports about the exact date - some say the first weekend of March due to Samana Santa .... I'm sure this'll get cleared up closer to the time.

So far we have:

AZB & a few expats and a bunch of santiaguero tigres
Robert & ?
Amy & ?
Larry?
Scandall?

:bandit:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
oh, its larry and scandall, they are a couple. Hehehehehe
me make a joke.
AZB

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
AZB said:
oh, its larry and scandall, they are a couple. Hehehehehe
me make a joke.
AZB

LOL, ok we'll do it this way then ....

AZB & a few expats and a bunch of santiaguero tigres
Robert & ?
Amy & ?
Larry & Scandall (babysitters optional) :p

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
lets everyone meet under a well known spot in mao. Because it becomes very congested and people easily lose each other. I say, lets meet under the mango tree that i found last time I was there. Its next to a house.
AZB