north coast furniture

botc115

Aug 8, 2005
i have a condo that i brought right outside caberete and i am in process of fixing up . would like to get some new furniture dining room table and chairs,sofa ,chairs and new mattress where would be a good place in sousa or puerto plata to go to ? i noticed some furniture places along main st going thru puerto plata and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations or contacts . all recommendations welcome and if you have a friend who works in furniture business let me know name and # to call .also any idea in prices. nothing real fancy just relaxing type of furniture. thanks for all your help

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Puerto Plata
Expensive, and more "quality" - Gonzales Muebles
Others are Francis Muebles, Facil Muebles, both downtown as well as Casa Nelson.
Handmade, not very expensive in mahogany is available on Los Molinos

The biggest ones are Gonzales and Francis.

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
I just outfitted 3 Apartments.........Here in Gasper Hernandez is Pappatera with great prices. I agree with Gonzales. Talk to Laura there. She speaks perfect English..........Tell her the gringo from Gasper Hernandez sent you !

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Meche's

It's just across the street from Pica Flores on the way to the airport just after Sosua Abajo. I am not sure about their prices. However they have nice hand made mahagony furniture and also appliances.

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
The company that just furnished our new 4 bedroom home is in Sosua Rattan style furniture. He is a German guy by the name of Otto. He did an excellent job, very nice looking. Didn't compare prices so I couldn't tell you about pricing. I think is handmade furniture shop is in Sosua Los Charamicos. I would recommend him.

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
Otto made our furniture and did a great job. You can show him any design you want and he will make it. He is located on the main road in Charmicos just before the turn off to Bella Vista. Pricing and quality are excellent.