juan dolio

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
mommc i am just wondering if u made it back to juan dolio any update on the interrupted construction at costa del sol . i tried to find some info but the metro people were busy with the juan marichial golf classic during the weekend have to go down there myself and like to see this project

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
He's on the links as I type Mickey....

so if the engineer who's overseeing the project is golfing with the gang today he'll have some news when he gets home.
We've been busy doing some work in our own condo so we haven't been down the other side of Juan Dolio but if he doesn't have any news when he gets home I'll scoot over to Guilia's and see what the word is.

Haven't heard from funckytown either.....:ermm:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Ok mickey....here's the scoop!

Construction on Costa del Sol has NOT, I repeat NOT, been suspended!

It has been slowed down due to two reasons....

No.1 - They 'lost' a lot of their Haitian labourers

No.2 - They were ahead of schedule so are taking the opportunity to reduce some costs associated with the loss of the workers.

There you have it........right from the mouth of one of the owners of some of the units who is personal friends with those in charge of the project!

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
mommc thanks for the update i believe they have a phase 2 planned in juan dolio adjacent to costa del sol i think the metro organization know what they are visioning for the future

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
They definitely do mickey.......this area is shaping up to be the South Beach, Miami style for sure!

funckytown

Apr 17, 2005
Wiesbaden, Germany, Germany
future in juan dolio

hi,

I believe also they defenitely know about the future...
Because it is impossible that there are SO MANY construction in an area of 4 km ( playa) by 1 km
But we are to small to even guess anything
Facts :
1/ Beside the Metro and the Costa del sol, they build like frenzy in the Melia area, working 24 hours a day, 2 b ready by semana santa
2/ Between Boulevard, Villas del mar, they are building apartments, between capella and Giula's cafe, I will walk and see how many they are
3/ they will put a wall along boulevard, and two gates, one at metro and one at el tanque, to create a private residential area
4/ behind giula's, in the villa area, they are a lot of measuring, cleaning of solares.
5/ even if they are (like the whole DR) Se vende signs, owners are building villas
6/ a police squad (of 30) is training in large villa with basketball and piscina, I first thought it was some basketball team until i saw... the women :nervous:
they are practicing all over New Juan dolio
7/ There is a new building site of 10.000 M2 on the beach
8/ Metro NEVER has stopped working
9/ Costa del sol. there are finishing work being done, but since it is inside of the building, they were a lot of huge trucks, with banos, inodoros, and the floors were build with a one feet foam or polystyren, I believe for sound and coolness , and since the windows are installed, noise of inside work is very reduced
10/ I never saw so many HUGE cars, mercedes, BMW, ( even ferrari) this WE
Rumors
1/ The president could have bought up to 16 solares in this area
2/ Metro could have bought Melia
3/ Costa del sol could have bought a big solares in front of them(more than a rumor)

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
thanks for the update funky town do u thiink that costa del sol will be ready for semana santa can u see the inside of these units they are building iheard they were lbig inside with ocean views i believe these metro organization know something big is happening with juan dolio

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
mommc or funky town do u have any updates on the juan dolio projects i am trying to reach an old friend who lives in santo domingo to take a drive by and possibly tak e pictures , especially of costa del sol the beach front side ant comments well appreciated thank you for all the prior updates

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
CB is now in JD.....she just left to go back to Boca Chica to their hotel. Her husband played golf with mine this morning.
Costa del Sol is being worked on.
Melia (now Sun Village I believe) has had completion date pushed back to Dec 2006.
Site preparation has started on the old Punta garza property and there is a building going up beside Don Pedro's beach bar.
Rumour has it that beach reconstrustion will be starting soon.....how soon is anybody's guess.
Metro gearing up to start Los Olas property construction.
Will post some pic's on my blog within the next week or so......

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Not yet.....we've been kinda busy!
Work has started on the project on the former Punta Garza site.
It's going to be a 7 story building with the 8th floor the service floor.
There goes my nice ocean breeze!!
Ah well......the marina they are going to build will make it worth it as our friend will be able to moor his boat there!
Work continues on the inside of Costa del Sol and word has it the Las Olas project will be starting soon.
At present there is a shortage of cemento blanco on the island.

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
again thanks for the update mommc whenever u have a chance to post i know u are probably busy yhank u

funckytown

Apr 17, 2005
Wiesbaden, Germany, Germany
how can you see that Juan Dolio is exploding ....

well...
just look at the new Haitian casa build EVERY day.. in the Villa del Mar surrounding ;)
and also the number of robbery increasing also EVERYDAY :ermm:

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
seems like alot of money and investments headed into this area the next south beach with beauty contests adios and buenas suerte