Baseball tonight - Jan 25th

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
anyone keeping score?

It would be wonderful if someone who attends any of these games gives a report. More information the better.

Take pictures of the dugout dancing divas. Please.

Bok

Mar 13, 2004
Cleef said:
It would be wonderful if someone who attends any of these games gives a report. More information the better.

Take pictures of the dugout dancing divas. Please.

Your request is too late Cleef, It's all over. Licey won the championship. I stopped watching the game when Licey went up 5-0 and went to bed. I was awaken by fireworks and car alarms later on. It actually sounded worse than new years eve.
The caribbean championship is next. I think they show it on ESPN.

Bok

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I was there last night. If you have never been to a Dominican Final Series the only comparison I can make is this:

The World Series in the U.S. is like a Wake compared to the D.R. Series. I say this having been to many games in both countries. You have to go to one of these games to understand.

I bought four tickets off a scalper at about 12:30 P.M. at the stadium. I know the seating, as I go a lot. I was behind the Licey dugout closer to home plate about 25 rows back. Excellent seats. I paid 900RD each. The face value is 450RD.

The noise is incredible, as they play Tipico music throughout. You can get any beverage served to you in your seat. I loved the result, but my wife did not as she is from the Santiago area.

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
I was there for Sunday's game. I was behind home plate in the upper section. Face for these was about $300rd, bought them off a scalper earlier in the day for $600rd. Noisy as all heck, both inside and outside the stadium.

I had an aisle seat and the Beer and Brugal lady stood next to me the whole game. Awesome service huh? I have pictures of the game and the dancing ladies. I'll dowload them once I get home this weekend and post them.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Nothing like it

I'm sure ARBHE can wail about those raucous cricket matches, or the belligerants in jolly-old England, but in my experience NOTHING compares to a Dominican baseball game.

The best analogy I could come up with is imagine Pedro Martinez in his glory days with the Red Sox, facing the Yankees in the World Series (no need to comment that this isn't possible - as you "fundamentalists" are so needy to do) it's the bottom of the 9th, two outs, 0-2 count and he's throwing cheese.

Bottle that emotion up, and you've almost arrived at the feel of a routine 4-3 groundout in the top of the second inning in an early season Licey/Aguilas contest.

And then the dancers.

An experience I'll forever treasure.
(the game, not the dancers)