Anyone Here Live in Constanza, Jarabacoa, La Vega, SFM, Bonao or La Romana?

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
I was living for 8 years in La Romana, now Im living in Santo Domingo but I grew up in El Seybo, so tell us what kind of pic are you wanting or if necesary must be pictures of those areas.

Jan 5, 2006
Post some more details on what you want. I have some pics of Jarabacoa (mountains, rivers) and spend time in La Vega, Jarabacoa and Bonao on most of my trips. Just came back last Sunday and plan to go back in about 4-5 weeks, so I can get some more pics then.

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
Keith, yeah, give us some more details: you want evidence of cleanliness or of environmental damage? Just what should we be looking for? I spend weekends in a small village outside of Bonao, but I can easily head to the city itself if needed. Or will the general area do? Course, there is the famous Falconbridge.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
I have a set of pictures from Jarabacoa which show tropical flower plantations, but behind the beautiful scenery there is a sad story. I took the pictures while I lived there for several months, in a rural community bordering the Jimenoa river. Most of my neighbors were campesinos, many of whom worked as day laborers in a flower plantation across the river. During my stay, I noticed that there was a very high prevalence of nondescript physical ailments among my neighbors, such as headaches, rashes, cramps, including behavioral problems. Some of my neighbors would suddenly become aggressive for no apparent reason, and were being treated psychiatrically. One day, while walking along the river, I found a dump of burning trash which spilled over into the river. Among the ashes I found half-burned pesticide containers, some of which had peeling labels that were overlayed on top of the original manufacturer?s label. I told authorities, and guess what? Nothing was ever done about it.

-

Sep 19, 2005
i have many pictures of La romana, constanza, and La vega.

the La Vega pictures are of the Carnival. the La Romana pictures are of the river and the bridge on rte 4 before you get to La Romana. The photos of Constanza are from the AREA, not the CITY itself....and are of places we hunted in the mountains, and views off the road looking down into the valley.

bob

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Thanks for the response, guys. Sorry I was not on the board hardly at all during the past weekend to respond to this sooner.

Well, we would love any pics that give a good idea of the positive/negative environmental aspects of these cities (doesn't have to be just street cleanliness or trashiness), as you or any other resident/visitor/observer might view it. If you want to see an example check this link, but it doesn't necessarily have to follow this model. Also could be things like beautifully clean & landscaped streets, the new dumpsters found on the streets of La Vega, air pollution from vehicles or power plants or generators, streets flooded from clogged drains, clean or polluted waters/rivers, abandoned wrecks, community clean-up ops, unused lots (solares) serving as de facto dumps, etc.

Anything else with a possible environmental dimension also welcomed, including pics of people returning soda or beer bottles for the deposit, rainwater catchment systems, botelleros with their carts, clean or dirty beaches, well-tended or poorly-tended trash cans lining city streets or public parks, solar or wind power systems, big flower greenhouses, used battery collection ops, national parks or protected areas, hiking trails, rivers & streams, mining damage, spraying of pesticides, etc.

Mirador, would be interested in seeing those pics of the flower plantations -- and of the pesticides dumped, if you have those.