Woodworker Needed

BigDaddy

Jan 16, 2005
I have a nice dining room set that has been negatively affected by the humidity here and I wonder if anyone could recommend a good craftsman who could do a quality job of sanding the doors and drawers, preferably in-house because it's difficult to transport the furniture. It's been over a year since the furniture arrived, and the problem persists (only in that furniture, oddly enough).

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
We just had our 75 year old dining table redone. Quite nicely.
We are in Santiago.

I would be extremely cautious about having anybody doing it in your house. Anything can be moved.

HB :D:D:D

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
There is a great guy in downtown Puerto Plata. I don't know his name but he is on Calle Antero Mota, a few doors down from Punto Frio (near Casa Nelson).

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
HOWMAR said:
There is a great guy in downtown Puerto Plata. I don't know his name but he is on Calle Antero Mota, a few doors down from Punto Frio (near Casa Nelson).

I agree Howmar... I have a picture of him somewhere in my blog, let me see if I find him.. He does excellent jobs.

carina_thur19_2.jpg

BigDaddy

Jan 16, 2005
"Here" is

Puerto Plata. Boy is my face red. Anyway, thanks Howmar and Carina, I'll check out the guy on Anterra Mota by Casa Nelson.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
And if those fail BigDaddy, give me a call & I'll dig out details for our carpenter. You can come see his workmanship in our house 'Here' to check it is up to your requirements before you ring him. ALL the mahogany work throughout the house was made by him - Doors, Cabinets, wardrobes, dining table & chairs ...... The LOT. ~ Grahame.

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
I used the guy on Antera Mota to build doors, refinish a table, and build the bar for Cafe Azul. He did a great job- his workmanship was wonderful. I can not remember his name - but he was honest and did a great job.

There was another guy who worked with him - can't remember his name, but he was always trying to get over on us. Never worked though.