Juan Dolio accomodations

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Are there any reasonably priced (under $50US) non-AI hotels or rental apartments in Juan Dolio?

Also, are there any discotheques or clubs in Juan Dolio?

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Fantastic! As long as it isn't for Semana Santa....

If it is you'd better make reservations now.
How long do you plan on staying?
If more than a week you may be able to rent an apartment. Anything under it's a room....
There are several "guest" houses where you can rent for $10 -$40 US per night depending on what you expect.

Plaza Perla has rooms overlooking the beach or beach road for $35US per night. Nice, A/C, TV, bedsitting rooms with cooking area, shower,closet and right on the beach.

Romeo & Julietta up the street have nice rooms, well kept $25 & Up.

Don Pedros is more basic but well kept and inexpensive.

Naito Market has rooms to rent.....don't know what they're like but have met many people who stay there.

Hotel Flor di Loto has rooms from $10 - $40 depending on size. Quiet, close to beach but has a mosquito problem due to surrounding bushy area. Bring mosquito coils or Raid spray to fumigate room in evening and you'll be okay. Very basic but cheap! Ask for Room # 9 - larger with queen size bed!

You can also get rooms at Coop Marena Beach - not sure of prices this year.

All of the above are in the 'central' older section of Juan Dolio on or near the public beach.

Plaza Real in the Villas del Mar section of Juan Dolio also rents rooms by the week. Pricier but also much nicer with A/C and TV, sitting areas etc. See listing in DR1 directory for phone #'s

Lots of apts subject to availability. Easiest to find when you're in the area however if you are really interested I'll ask around a bit.

El Batey disco has re-opened....I haven't been so can't tell you what it's like.

There's a 'car wash' on the highway to SP but you'll need a vehicle to get there.

Several small bars with dance areas if it's dancing you're looking for! Local and 'expat'.

All resorts in area have discos and you can buy a night pass for entrance. Charges vary.

Lots of good restaurants in the area as well as in Guayacanes ( 2km down the road)

Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Wow! Tons of information. Thanks.

The room is not for me, it's for a friend and his fiance. They will be staying 10 days. Unfortuantely, the dates will overlap with Samana Santa.

What they are looking for is a hotel or apartment that has air conditioning, hot water, refrigerator, cooking area. Plaza Perla sounds perfect. Do you have a phone number for the place?

I didn't realize that Juan Dolio had so much to offer. I've only been there a couple of times for a quick lunch.

Once again, thanks for your help!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
I don't have it handy but will post it or PM it to you later today....

Next time you're here stop in!!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
MommC said:
I don't have it handy but will post it or PM it to you later today....
Any luck with the telephone number for Plaza Perla? It doesn't seem to be listed in SuperPagesDR.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
damn senior moments!!!

I've only been there at least once a day and keep forgetting to write down the number until after we return home!

Watch this space.....I'm going to go get it right now!!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
damn senior moments!!!

I've only been there at least once a day and keep forgetting to write down the number until after we return home!

Plaza Perla Mar......

809-224-1011 or 809-697-2155

Sorry about that!!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
MommC said:

Plaza Perla Mar......

809-224-1011 or 809-697-2155

Sorry about that!!
Thank you very much! I've forwarded the info to my friend.

Brian

Jan 5, 2002
WHAT DO THE ROOM LOK LIKE., HOW AR ETHE BEDS AND IS IT loud AT NIGHT. ARE GUESTA ALLOWED OVERNIGHT.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Yes guests are allowed. It is quiet at night except for the sounds of the waves breaking onshore.
The rooms are nice, bright and stylish. A bit crowded perhaps with the kitchen, sitting area and bed all in one room but quite adequate. The rooms on the beach side of the building are a little bit bigger than those on the street side.
You might also check out 'Romeo and Juliet' which is about a block away.
Also nice rooms with air however no kitchen, just a communal one on the first floor.
I'll try to locate a phone number for them tomorrow and send it to you by PM.
Sorry I don't have pictures and neither has a website.