Central Bank New CD's

botc115

Aug 8, 2005
In Fridays news it stated that if you purchased new CD's tha the yield would be 20% on 1yr and 24% on two year.

Could someone please let me know where I could obtain more information regarding this.

thank you

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
You might search the forums (before asking is a good idea) and read the current thread with 400 posts about this in one day.

botc115

Aug 8, 2005
cd's

I looked at some od th eposts in the legal section but none still tell you where to go to find out more information.
Next time try not to be so sarcastic.

Tony Straight

Dec 27, 2005
Bank CD's

That 20-24% sounds pretty good if the inflation rate is not 25%. Remember that is in Dominican dollars which may well be worth much less in two years than they are today.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Dominicans use pesos not dollars.

And inflation doesn't determine PPP of currency , forward rates do, normally. T

The peso actually appreciated in value by nearly 100% during a year of high inflation so that blows that theory. In a manipulated illiquid currency market like the DR peso, traditional economic theory goes out the window. With 24% DR investments you pays your money you takes your chances.

Maybe you have your US$ equivalent in a year plus 20%+ interest and then again maybe you have less because the peso is at 50:1 again.

To BOTC there is a current post on this topic with pages of discussion. Search. Looking at odd posts in the wrong sections is not a search.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
What is wrong with a 12% Return in USD with an exchange house?
You would have to pay me 50% to invest in a Peso based instrument.

ken kopas

Jun 22, 2003
exchange house

Tamborista, can you say a few words about investing with an exchange house, I do not know about this but it sounds good.
Thanks!
Ken