Getting married in the DR, some help please.......

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Hi I would really appreciate some help from you all.

Some of you know I'm planning a wedding and I was planning on Jamaica but we have changed our destination to the DR in POP yeah :)

I need help with resorts for a wedding. I'm just looking for anyone who has been or have heard from friends about the resorts below. If anyone has been married or has been to a wedding at any of the resorts below what there experience was like.

1. Occidental Grand Flamenco
2. Sun Village Resort & Spa
3. Puerta Plata Village
4. Grand Ventana

Or any suggestions of another resort are welcome.
I have never stayed at any of the resorts mentioned above.

I have family coming with children so I need a good kid friendly resort as well.

I have checked out Debbie's site but would like more input please.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I will book this week!!

The stress begins :eek: :laugh:

cocacola33

Oct 25, 2005
Ilberostar

;) In POP there are a big choice of hotels, within Playa Dorada there are roughly 15 hotels to choose from.

In my opionion the Ilberostar is by far the best hotel for your needs, its very well adapted for weddings as well as being a family hotel which will cater for the younger members of your party. Check out their website, however the Ilberostar is probably one of the more expensive hotels. Remeber... you pay for high standards! lol.

A friend of my mums married her 'fiance' at the Ilberostar in September, both families travelled to POP for a two week stay and all party members thourghly enjoyed it. They used the wedding planner advised by the hotel and everything went better than they hoped!

Feel free to ask any questions or PM me.., thanks x

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Malibook- thank you for your kind wishes and nothing to be sorry about:classic:

cocacola33- thanks so much I will check out that resort :)

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I have nothing more than sincere congratulations to add, as well. I am sure you are going to have a beautiful wedding.

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Wouldn't do the Puerto Plata Village but the other 3 are very beautiful. Sun Village is amazing, probably the most beautiful resort of them all. They have a website and a wedding package.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Trina- Thanks so much for you kind words, it will be fun!! :)

Charlielyn- I am considering the Sun Village I've been trying to picture where it is though. I've been a few times to the DR and stayed at hotels in Playa Dorada. I remember seeing hotels when I left the resort but can't seem to place where it is lol Thanks!

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Music said:
Trina- Thanks so much for you kind words, it will be fun!! :)

Charlielyn- I am considering the Sun Village I've been trying to picture where it is though. I've been a few times to the DR and stayed at hotels in Playa Dorada. I remember seeing hotels when I left the resort but can't seem to place where it is lol Thanks!

Sun Village isn't in Playa Dorada - in fact it's just outside Puerto Plata in Cofresi, about 10 mins away by car. It's next to Ocean Village (if you've ever been there?).

Congratulations - I am sure you will have a great day whatever venue you choose :classic:

Daydream

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
daydream- Thanks, I am aware that Sun Village is not in Playa Dorada I was trying to picture it but couldn't remember.
Thanks for the warm wishes as well! :)

RP23

Jul 15, 2005
Congratulations Music! :)

I am wishing you the best. I've stay in Occidentral Grand Flamenco and I love that hotel. Its a beautiful place. I said if I were to get marry I would have picked this hotel. Good luck on your wedding plans.
:)

Laurelle

Jan 31, 2006
Occidental Grand Flamenco

Hi Music,

Just read your post. I got married in June of 2001 at the Occidental Grand Flamenco. I dealt with Maria (wedding planner) absolutely amazing and beautiful. The resort has since then been renovated, but is even more beautiful. The package if I remember came with your bouquet, drinks and snacks for 10 (if more you pay), upgrade in your room, a ride on the horse and buggy, you get to pick your colors, video was extra but much worth buying. Photographer etc. I will tell you that when it is time to buy your pictures (I think the guy wanted $5.00 each after the first 10 which were free) TALK HIM DOWN. Say you're not interested in the rest or the negatives.. he will cave, what more can he do with the pics?. It was worth every cent!!

Best of luck.. and happy beginnings :classic:

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
RR23- Thanks so much for you reply and good wishes! :)

Laurelle- thank you it's good hear here a nice wedding story from someone :) I will send you a PM, thanks for the kind wishes! :)

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
A colleagues sister had her wedding at Sun Village 2 years ago...saw the pictures and it was truly spectacular. The entire group had nothing but great things to say about this resort. Good luck with your decision making and congrats on your upcoming marriage.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
drloca,

Thanks for the warm wishes and for your reply. I am leaning towards Grand Falmenco or Sun Village I think right now. :) I only have a few more days to decide as I have to book by end of this week!

Oh I did notiece the Hotel Breezes Puerta Plata, anyone been here?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I want to wish you the best Sonia. We'll have to have a party when you get back so we can see the pictures. ;)

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Thank you Ana your the best and for sure without a doubt we will get together for pics!!! :)

Anna Coniglio said:
I want to wish you the best Sonia. We'll have to have a party when you get back so we can see the pictures. ;)

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Isn't Sun village where planner is working now???
You might want to PM her Music!!
Congrats again (since the first one was private) and have a great time!