Shopping in Santiago

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
Hello all~

I'm going to Santiago for a shopping spree on Saturday and would like to know some good stores to check out.

It's time for a new wardrobe and I'm not going to bother shopping for clothes in POP because I don't want to look like everyone else in town and be wearing the exact same things.

Any tips?

Thanks!

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Tip

Watch out for the bootleg and knock-off designers, just strolling around the boutiques on Calle del Sol, I saw plenty knock-off designer jeans, i.e. Citizens of Humanity & Seven For All Mankind. They also wanted top-dollar, ha. Is it possible for you to order online and have it shipped via UPS/Fed-Ex? If not maybe some of your friends from NYC can buy it for you.

My two cents
Ricardo

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
Ricardo900 said:
Watch out for the bootleg and knock-off designers, just strolling around the boutiques on Calle del Sol, I saw plenty knock-off designer jeans, i.e. Citizens of Humanity & Seven For All Mankind. They also wanted top-dollar, ha. Is it possible for you to order online and have it shipped via UPS/Fed-Ex? If not maybe some of your friends from NYC can buy it for you.

My two cents
Ricardo

I'd rather not order anything online as I need to actually try the clothes on first. And I don't have any friends in NYC so that's out of the question.

I definitely don't want knock-offs, I want to go to nice stores with good quality clothing.

What do you think, dear? :classic:

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
He He He...sunshine you're funny. I just went through this experience with my wife. Your options are plenty now days. There are clothing stores everywhere.

Find Ferreteria Hache and next to it you will find a large clothing store. I forget the name but it is the new store in town.

Find El Encanto and across the corner from it is a nice little store where my wife purchased several blouses. Nice 'HIP' clothing. Again, no name.

You can wonder through town and you will find many stores.

You can go to Plaza International...but you will pay. Around the Metropolitano area you will find nice stores.

Hope this helps.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
sunshine_79 said:
I'd rather not order anything online as I need to actually try the clothes on first. And I don't have any friends in NYC so that's out of the question.

I definitely don't want knock-offs, I want to go to nice stores with good quality clothing.

What do you think, dear? :classic:
Without actually seeing the clothes myself I can tell you some prices so that you can guage. I would advise looking on-line for the photos and the certain types of stitching each jeans would have.

JEANS
1. Sevens $135-$325
2. Citizens $150-$325
3. Rock & Republic $180-$350
4. True Religion $180-$450 (Hot!)
5. Blue Cult $140-$170 (Nice!)

p.s. If you are into the High-Fashion apparel, i.e. Dolce & Gabbana, Burberry, Escada, Prada, Moschino, etc.. You better get it now!:classic: When you start having kids, it will be back to Levis & Wrangler:laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:

lovingDR

Jan 25, 2006
Nice store called Anthonys but I can't remember the exact address. But it's a big store with 3 levels, so I'm sure someone can direct in that direction.

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
Depends on what you want to spend, what you are looking for (work clothes, going out clothes etc.) and your size. The stores in Hache are great - but some of the clothes are a little tight around the bustline.

Plaza Rosa has a few shops, located close to the Metro Station. Calle De Sol has some great little shops - some of the things look like knock off or the stores may be a little jammed, but you have to search out things. Also try Calle Restauracion which runs parallel to Calle de Sol.

Plaza Internacional could cost you a little more, the stores are well organized.

Now shoes are no problem shoes are everywhere (unless you are a size 10 then you can get limited)

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
lovingDR said:
Nice store called Anthonys but I can't remember the exact address. But it's a big store with 3 levels, so I'm sure someone can direct in that direction.

The problem with Anthonys the entire first floor is mens clothing and acc. If you just walk in the first floor you will think it is a mens store.

Chuckuindy

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
Unless Duarte or lets say AZB is driving you around Santiago, I would go to Plaza Internacional (I think it is Santiago's biggest shopping mall). If there is a bigger one, santiagueros will correct me.

Good luck

Jess

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Okay, now let's be careful here.
1) Anthony's is the store there at Hach?. Corner of Carretera Luperon and Estrella Sadhala.
2) Gisela is the store across from El Encanot on Metropolitana just two blocks from Mr. Movie. From Anthony's you go west to the next light (along Bartolom? Colon-right in front of the old airport), and turn left. Mr. Movie is on your right and so is Gisela two blocks later.
3) For casual clothers, right from the Zona Franca overruns-you can go to El Retal.--a little tough to find but worth the trip. It is on Ave. Imbert in Gurabito. You drive past the baseball park, cross a small little bridge, and about 150 meters further on on your left is the parking lot for El RETAL...Worth it, believe me.
4) Zona Rosa is pretty nice-from Gisele, you continue on up to the very end of Metropolitana, crossing 27 de Febrero to the top of the hill. Turn right and there is Zona Rosa. Lots of nice stores. (Oh yeah, you pass a Salvadore Farragamo shoe store on the way there. Also on Metropolitana)
5) Plaza Internacional is up scale, but the selection is pretty good from my informants.

Of course the Hillbilly B&B is right there between Giselas and Salvatore Farragamo!! LOL :p:p:p:p Stop in for coffee!

HB