Peace Corps Volunteer Returns to DR

mich_fen

Feb 1, 2006
Hola, My name is Michelle and I was in the Peace Corps in 1987 in the DR. My first site was in a batey, called batey Jugual near San Pedro de Marquoris. I visited San Pedro regulary. This was quite an adventure. More later. My second site was in Nizao, north of San Jose de Ocoa. I had friends in all parts of the country and travelled it extensively, on a Honda 150. I took a trip around the iwhole island from the south to north and east and west and travelled down the Haitian border to Barahona. This post brings back so many memories. I recently won a trip to Punta Cana and spend a lovely week on the beach and remembered how much I loved this country. I was wondering if anyone knew where to buy the Siboney Rum in the United States - very good rum. Well, off the work. Adios, Michelle

AtlantaBob

Jan 2, 2002
San Pedro de who???

Must be the French spelling. Anyway...I would also like to get hold of some Siboney.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Probably at a bodega in Nieuw Yorque Citee??? Sorry, mocking your spelling of Macor?s...:p:p:p

HB, very old ex-PCV

mich_fen

Feb 1, 2006
very funny

Very funny you two - I was extremely tired and I just looked at my may - O.K. you are both right!!!!! I always pronounce it wrong after 19 years!!! Anyways, nice to meet you both and if you were online I would have IM'd you. I am very new to this whole cyber world thing and this is the very first anything that I have belonged to online. I know it took me along time to let go of my vinyl records. Michelle

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
So this means you are up to date with your new 8 track?

LOL :p

HB, who welcomes you to the board...really!!:p