DR1 Question-Gold, Silver, Bronz?

theCeo

Apr 18, 2005
OK, I'm guessing this has something to do with time as a member, but what exactly makes one Gold, Silver or Bronz? How many years or does it go by number of posts?:ermm:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Millions and millions of years :laugh:

you start with bronze, when you get 100 posts it's silver and when you get to gold you need to get a life, I mean gold is 500 posts.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Anna Coniglio said:
Millions and millions of years :laugh:

you start with bronze, when you get 100 posts it's silver and when you get to gold you need to get a life, I mean gold is 500 posts.
And when you get 5,800, you get a brand new Mercedez Benz.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Anna Coniglio said:
Mine should be arriving any day now. So I was told.
Robert told me that you need only drop by Santo Domingo Motors tomorrow morning, anytime before noon.
You must pick it up in person, and don't be late, otherwise it just goes back into the lottery bin for the next person who posts 5,800 times.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'm sure I can get a 6 am flight should arrive in SD by 11 am take taxi, yeah I think I can make it then I'll drive up to have some ribs ok. ;)

Thanks for letting me know the rules.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Oh oh !

Anna Coniglio said:
I'm sure I can get a 6 am flight should arrive in SD by 11 am take taxi, yeah I think I can make it then I'll drive up to have some ribs ok. ;)

Thanks for letting me know the rules.
Now you've gone and done it.
It only applies to people who have 5,800 posts, and you just went over the limit, just like on "The Price Is Right".
So sorry for you....

theCeo

Apr 18, 2005
Geez

Well, I have 12 posts in almost a year. At that rate I'll be gold when I'm just over 400 years old.:eek:

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Gold? it's hovering around US$570/troy ounce on the New York Mercantile Exchange. Did you know that in 1980, when gold hit an all time high of US$850/troy ounce, farming literally stopped in the DR, when a day's panning for alluvial gold (plentiful in most rivers in the DR) amply surpassed the going wage for a day of farm work?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Mirador said:
Gold? it's hovering around US$570/troy ounce on the New York Mercantile Exchange. Did you know that in 1980, when gold hit an all time high of US$850/troy ounce, farming literally stopped in the DR, when a day's panning for alluvial gold (plentiful in most rivers in the DR) amply surpassed the going wage for a day of farm work?
Excuse me while I run off to my bedroom, to yank out my 2 gold teeth.
Now I'll be able to make this month's car payment.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Rocky said:
Excuse me while I run off to my bedroom, to yank out my 2 gold teeth.
Now I'll be able to make this month's car payment.

Better yet, organize a tour and take groups to pan for gold in one of the beautiful DR rivers. It's fun and maybe you'll make enough to change that aging wreckmobile you drive for the late model SUV of your dreams.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Mirador said:
Better yet, organize a tour and take groups to pan for gold in one of the beautiful DR rivers. It's fun and maybe you'll make enough to change that aging wreckmobile you drive for the late model SUV of your dreams.
Sheesh,
It's a RockyMobile, not a WreckMobile, besides, I've been renting it out to friends, as I recently acquired a Lexus, and I didn't even have to go panning the rivers for gold.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
pas said:
a lexus......

din't you got the toyota model....
It's a conversion model, formerly driven in Japan, where they don't use the Lexus badge.
A Toyota Aristo, is a Lexus GS 300.
"Lexus GS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... is a car manufactured by the Toyota Motor Corp. under the Lexus brand ... gear of the Toyota Crown. In Japan, it is sold as the Toyota Aristo. It was introduced ...en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexus_GS "

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I love how sometimes threads end up all over the place.
We have gone from a simple question, to the origins of Toyota Aristo.
Too funny!

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Robert said:
I love how sometimes threads end up all over the place.
We have gone from a simple question, to the origins of Toyota Aristo.
Too funny!
And, did you know that a Puma, Mountain Lion and Cougar, are all the same animal?