NASCAR Fans?

ggparts

Mar 20, 2003
Will anyone in Sosua be getting to gether for the Daytona 500? I could just stay in my room, I guess.
Gerrry

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
While a fan, I have not been paying much attention. If it is on FOX, unfortunately we do not get FOX in English down here in Santiago.

If it is on one of the major networks, ABC, NBC or CBS, then we can get it in English.

Who knows? Maybe Dale will come back and win the dern thang!

HB :D:D:D

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
If anybody in the Sosua or POP area plans to get together for race day, count me in!

I think Junior is going to pull it off this year. If Gordon wins again, I am no longer a NASCAR fan...

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hillbilly said:
While a fan, I have not been paying much attention. If it is on FOX, unfortunately we do not get FOX in English down here in Santiago.

If it is on one of the major networks, ABC, NBC or CBS, then we can get it in English.

Good news, Hillbilly.
It's on NBC.
Here is Sosua, one can watch it anywhere there is Cable.
PS: There are rumours that Jeff Gordon is going to come out of the closet during the pre-race show, and announce that he is a flaming homosexual....

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
Rocky said:
PS: There are rumours that Jeff Gordon is going to come out of the closet during the pre-race show, and announce that he is a flaming homosexual....

Um, Marco -

That's old news. We all knew that already.

:classic:

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Hillbilly said:

Why am I not surprised that HB is a NASCAR fan? I guess that you can take the WVA hills away from the boy and he remains a hill jack. Have fun watching the race, RED NECK!

Chuckuindy

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
For those that are interested, the race will be held on Sunday, February 19th.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Bein' as I used to race jalopys at the old Polo Grounds-long after the Gints haulled a$$ to the Left Coast...scrounging parts in junk yards all over Northern New Jersey and Southern New York...I love cars.

The fact that we get Speed Channel and FOX and NBC just makes life happier, that's all. I watched Dale die,, Bobby fly, and the "Kid" win four Winston Cups...

Why not? It keeps me sane!! :p:p:p

I am also the proud owner of a Zenith Tran-Oceanic that brought me NFL every Sunday before Cable!! Even at the beach...Hey you havta life a little bit, huh??:p:p

HB Smiling at a Hoosier RED NECK callin' a WV Appalachian-American names!!

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
I enjoy watching NASCAR, but have come to appreciate DOMCAR also. That's watching traffic navigate the circle near the stadium going into Puerto Plata. You have as much close driving, drafting, passing, crashes and airborne cars as NASCAR, but with a few motochonchos intertwined. Anybody know where I can get a die-cast of my favorite guagua?

Sep 19, 2005
Hillbilly said:
Bein' as I used to race jalopys at the old Polo Grounds-long after the Gints haulled a$$ to the Left Coast...scrounging parts in junk yards all over Northern New Jersey and Southern New York...I love cars.

you didnt say how long after they left for kalifornia!!!!!!

you were looking all ove rmy stomping grounds!!! you should have seen this old junk yard in near catskill ny on rte 23. They had rows and rows of cars from the 50-70's!!!!!!!!! I was into buicks first,and they had a real nice SUPER V8 1957......has the year right on the grill ornament!!!!!!neat!!!!

..anyway....this thread conjures up a few

"you might be a redneck if..."

thoughts!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha.........

bob