Info on Costanza

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Did a search on Costanza. Only came up with 12 threads, none of which had ANY information on either the town or the surronding area. I'm looking to spend two nights up there with some friends next weekend. Does anyone have any info to share: hotels, restaurants, sights, etc?
Much Thanks,
Buzzard

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
It's cold!! I spent a weekend at a friends house in Constanza, I slept in 4 long-sleeved shirts, 2 pairs of sweatpants and 2 blankets! I'm always the first one to get cold though ...

Other than that all I can say is it's beautiful! Our friend has a waterfall in her backyard so we got ice-cold (like turn-you-blue-from-head-to-toe-cold) showers in a fresh sweet-water waterfall. NICE! :classic:

Stay well,
Amy

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Constanza is located in the middle of the island. South of La Vega, east of Pico Duarte and North of San Jos? de Ocoa. It is several thousand feet up and cold at this time of the year. There is Rancho Guaraguao and a couple of other places you can stay. If you go, be sure to take winter quality clothing. The cold is penetrating.

If you take your significant other, it is a great place to snuggle.:p:p:p

HB

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I have heard that constanza is trying to become a player as far as carnaval is concerned? I am also thinking about heading to constanza next weekend but mostly with the intent to shoot video of carnaval. Is this a good idea? If not, maybe I head to Bonao.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
How cold? Try - 2 to 5 degrees C!!

I haven't heard about the carnival. I have a couple of guys from Constanza in my Judo class, I'll ask them..TTYL--on Monday night.

HB :D:D:D

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Hillbilly said:
How cold? Try - 2 to 5 degrees C!!

I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! Thanks to you HB, I have just won a bet! Thanks! :D
(I said it was under 10 degrees C and my friend said it was at least 15)

Stay well,
Amy

P.S. anybody know what temperature your breath starts to mist/fog at?

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Kant spel for sh$$

Once again, I embarass myself. Having entered the proper spelling of 'CoNstanza' in the search window, I now have 126 threads to read through. Oh well, it's only Saturday. But anyway, keep those cards and letters coming folks. Up-to-date info down here is often at odds with what was written years (or months) ago.
Tankz agen,
Buzzard

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
amy2761 said:
P.S. anybody know what temperature your breath starts to mist/fog at?

That's weird .....my nephew asked me a similar question this evening and I looked it up on the net (how sad am I! :classic: )

.....and the answer is: there is no fixed temperature for frosty breath......explained here.....

http://ask.yahoo.com/20050704.html

I am kind of embarrassed to post this :eek:

DD

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Very cold indeed!

hielo2.jpg

hielo1.jpg

Last edited:

Instructor

Feb 4, 2006
Hi,

There is a really good resort up there. It's name is RANCHO GUARAGUAO. That place is well known in CONSTANZA. Check it out when u can...

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Hipocrito Mejia, great link!

aegap, great pics!

It looks like a very different (as far as the DR goes) and interesting place to visit.

Does anyone know how far (in distance and time) it is from Santiago (I'm guessing that's the closest airport)?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
From Santiago, by private vehicle, you are looking at about two hours +/-.

The road conditions will detrmine the time. It is highway to the entrance of the road to Constance, just before Bonao..fairly well marked. It is the second overpass after leaving La Vega.

A trip worth taking.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
I've been told that the mayor of Constanza is working to clean up and keep the city clean. Amy or any one else who's been there recently, if you have any pics and some comments that support or refute that, would you consider (pretty please) sending them into the Green Team for our "making mayors accountable" series?

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Constanza

The town is clean, a complement to its people and local government.

The attached image is one taken Mar. 05 with a view south from a property high above the town. The road stretching from the image center toward the upper left is the beginning of the route over the mountains to San Jose de Ocoa. The area to the left extends through the valley as farming plots and the commercial portion in the center extends to the right towards the town center.

nclao9

Regards,
PJT