Pricesmart Membership

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Does one need to be a memeber of a corp or employed to get a card?

Bob K

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Bob K said:
Does one need to be a memeber of a corp or employed to get a card?

Bob K
Marco is right you don't. But why would you. Prices are usually higher than several other places. I've found products at la Sirena in Stgo. cheaper than Pricemart. It is a trendy thing. The prestige of being a member. CRAP. When they first opened several years ago, you could get a decent price. Now that they have people hooked ..... Several items I've purchased from them were defective. I think they buy seconds from USA. Some items are more expensive or the same as Playero in Sosua. Save your bucks. Shop around you will find most things cheaper. Don't but the PaperMate 60 pen package. 9 out of 10 are defective. I've thown out 3 pens just today. I hate them. LOL.

boca chica dave

Sep 25, 2004
Thanks Eddy, Kinda like the Cosco's; Sam's; bj's. I think that Hillbilly spendslots of time shoppin in arkinsaw

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Although it is possible to find some items cheaper in other stores, we shop there for the possibility of getting items in bulk packaging/pricing.
With the quantities that we go through, we need to buy gallon containers and 5 gallon containers of various products.
For instance, for the price of 5 or 6 tiny 10 ounce ketchup dispensers in Sosua, you could get a gallon at PriceSmart for the same price.
Then there are imported food products, simply not available elsewhere.
When I spend $1,000 US at PriceSmart, I have probably saved $400 to $500 as compared to the North coast supermarkets.
This may not apply to things like TV's, computers, pens and other sundries, but when it comes to food supplies in bulk, it is definitely worth the trip.

diego

Aug 16, 2003
I do a run to santiago

about every 10 days to the pricemart, i have a large family and i save money buying there instead of sosua or puerto plata.
Meat, canned goods, cereal, cleaning stuff, office supplies all cheaper there, and we bought a 32" tv there, no other store came close to the price

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
diego said:
and we bought a 32" tv there, no other store came close to the price
Although it's always good to compare, their TV prices are often very good.
They have a 20 inch Akai on special right now for 7,000 pesos.
$200 US for a 20 inch TV in this country, is a pretty decent price.