Don't know about your neck of the woods, but in Santiago

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Aster and Super Cable suque hind tit, big time. Neither of them has the Super Bowl in English. Only ESPN in Spanish and those guys know zilch...BORING :(:(:(:(

Sad day....

HB :D:D

G

gary short

Brutal, I feel for ya. Al Mihaels and John Madden are in top form ......in case you wanted to know.

nebraskamom

May 4, 2005
count your blessings!

at least you have it at all. our aster went out at noon today and we are sitting here watching it over the internet on drawn screen!:angry: :angry: :angry:

G

gary short

Tragic ....... oh Rothlesbergers T.D. is being reviewed. I better grab a beer.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Save the Expatriates!!! Save the Expatriates!!!1

I'm not a fan of Football, but since Americans can't seem to live without it (regardless where in the world they find themselves), I think I will help those "stuck" with the Superbowl "en espa?ol".

I could not find any live internet broadcast of the game, but I did found this link.

Click on the link.

Click on "listen" next to Gamenight / 5:00pm - 10:00pm ET

I'm not sure if its about the game live, but it's about the game!

Enjoy! All of you can thank me later. :classic: ;)

http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/index

-NAL

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Thanks all. Love Madden. & Michaels....
The worst part is none of the commercials...

If it is on a Network, there are no rights....the commercials cost a fortune with 145 million people watching the game.

HB

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Pingu said:
BTW If you're a football fan, you should definitely consider getting a dish since you'll have a better chance of recieving ABC or any of the local American channels.

We get ABC on our cable. Problem is, sound not working today on that channel but it is on all others. This happens sometimes with a channel; today, of all days, ABC for us.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Ken said:
We get ABC on our cable. Problem is, sound not working today on that channel but it is on all others. This happens sometimes with a channel; today, of all days, ABC for us.
I went over to Yoani's house, 15 minutes before the game, but he was unfortunately away from home.
I got in touch with him by cellphone, and he was in Navarete. He did agree to rush home to fix it, which explains why the sound came back on at a few minutes past 8 PM.
All is well that ends well, except for the horrible officiating.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Not sure if that is good news, Rocky, since I figured all was lost and didn't check back at the last minute. From my standpoint, the best news is that I didn't miss an exciting game.

aos

Dec 10, 2003
I am thinking of moving to Santiago. How reliable is Aster and Supercable for internet service. I need something as reliable as possible for internet service. I am told that Aster is good. Finally, how many hours per week on average does the electricity go offline?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
So far this week, we have not had any power losses where I live. Thanks, Lord! :D

I happen to use Verizon DSL. Cheap, pretty reliable. Use inverter and standby genset, JIC.

I don't know anyone that uses Aster cable internet service, but generally speaking Aster is not all that customer oriented--sorry, they suck! in that area.

HB

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Aster sucks........did you guys see that one Budweiser commercial about the girl that got tackled? Funniest clip of the night......

"You were open and now you're CLOSED!!!!!!! :p :p

jlw919

Sep 18, 2003
Internet Connection

I also use Verizon DSL. Telecommute from Santiago.Very reliable. I have an inverter and use a D Link 524 for wireless net in house and never notice power outages. Only shut it down for the real wild thunderstorms.
JLW