New To th Forum

playagirl

Feb 8, 2006
Hello Am New to the forum and would like to introduce myself.
I am a Dominican living in Boston, MA. I was born in DR, moved to New York when I was 10 years old a recently moved to Boston.
I found this site while looking for reviews on resorts in POP.

I think this is a great site and would like to become part of it.

Well now let me tell you why I end up here in the first place.
I have a home and family in DR. I will be going there for the Holy Week this coming April.
I would like to go to POP for 4 nights during my stay, and would like to know which is the best resort in Playa Dorada, with the best prices. I am going there with my sister(s), but will probably be taking with me to the resort a cousin and an Uncle.

Any suggestions on how to do this, I have been pricing some hotels and they end up coming way too expensive. Around $1000, for 4nights/people.

Is it better if I just wait to get there and reserve them then?

Please help, thank you.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
The resorts in POP usually fill to capacity for holy week. Most of the guests are Dominicans from other parts of the island. There are many package deals published in the local papers for the Dominicans for this week. I would suggest that you have one of your relatives living here inquire and book your stay. They will probably get a better rate than you will.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Welcome to the message board.

Don't wait too long to make your arrangements. Semana Santa is a big time for the hotels, especially Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Santo Domingo, Santiago and elsewhere empty of Dominicans. All who can have gone to one of the resort hotels for the holiday.

Are you making the reservations or your family in the Dominican Re;ublic? I ask because there are often special packages for holiday periods for people with a cedula.

playagirl

Feb 8, 2006
re

;) That is exactly the point, i don't want to wait to long, because i know how difficult it can get to get a hotel during that time.

Even though, a few years ago i went there during semana santa with my ex-husband. We prety much went to the hotel and reserved it right on the spot.
I can not rell you how much did it run for, because my ex was the one to handle all this.
Anyway, i will follow your advise and have one of my relative look for specials.
Believe me i know how lonely non costal cities get during this week, there is nothing going on. I found out the hard way.

If any of you see any of this specials would you please le me know about it.
I don't know if i am correct, but it seems to me that some of you actually live there.

Also don't think am too old because am talking about my ex husband and all.
Am 27, my sister is 23 ( and my other sister who might(not) come with us is 18.

Thank you for your response
;)

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
playagirl said:
;) Also don't think am too old because am talking about my ex husband and all.
Am 27, my sister is 23 ( and my other sister who might(not) come with us is 18.
You and your sisters are all qualified to play in our North Coast Poker Game. Currently held on Tuesday and Friday nights at Rocky's restaurant in Sosua. See the following post for rules: http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42409&highlight=poker
;)

playagirl

Feb 8, 2006
re

You are too funny, thanks for the invite, but I don't know how to play poker.

But I will go if you pay for my flight to DR, am sure neither of my sister would mind either:classic:

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
playagirl said:
You are too funny, thanks for the invite, but I don't know how to play poker.

But I will go if you pay for my flight to DR, am sure neither of my sister would mind either:classic:
You can take the girl out of the Dominican Republic, but you can't take the Dominican Republic out of the girl.;)

playagirl

Feb 8, 2006
re

I could say exactly the same about men.
and why would i want that, i love my beatiful country:lick:

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
It may work better if you can book through a local agency in Santiago. There are prices that hotels charge dominicans and prices they charge foreigners.

You could also check for hotel only packages on Funjet, Transglobal Vacations, Apple Vacations. These are american charter companies who have a block of rooms they need to sell and you can sometimes get them for a discount rate.