1 year visa?

verbalkint

Feb 8, 2006
Hey you,people!
I`d like to come to DR for a year and I don`t know should I have some special papers?Do I need some resident visa?What about work permit?I`d like to get myself a job - voluntary, or no.Just to make a living.I`ll be coming from central/eastern europe-Poland.

dd4jc

Feb 5, 2006
I have the same question... How does one go about obtaining a job while your down there if you dont already have a work visa? If I just come on a tourist visa, is it impossible to then find work and get a visa from there?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Most people just come and then pay the fine of RD$2000-3000 (US$65-90) when they leave after a year. And many will work under those conditions as well.

Note it is unlikely an airline will sell a ticket with a one year return date nor a one-way ticket to you. When you try to board you may not be able to.

ambre

Feb 2, 2006
Tickets

How do you suggest, or how have people you know gotten around this?

"Most people just come and then pay the fine of RD$2000-3000 (US$65-90) when they leave after a year. And many will work under those conditions as well.

Note it is unlikely an airline will sell a ticket with a one year return date nor a one-way ticket to you. When you try to board you may not be able to."

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
ambre said:
How do you suggest, or how have people you know gotten around this?

"Most people just come and then pay the fine of RD$2000-3000 (US$65-90) when they leave after a year. And many will work under those conditions as well.

Note it is unlikely an airline will sell a ticket with a one year return date nor a one-way ticket to you. When you try to board you may not be able to."
You have two choices. Either buy a fullfare ticket that you can either change the return date or refund the return portion, or, buy a discount roundtrip and just let the return portion expire. I guess that's really three choices.