The Revolution (World Baseball Classic) Will Be Televised

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
"I'M ready to defend my country. Are you ready to defend your country?" -ARod...
err, I mean Albert Pujols

Why is this hat worth more than the rest,literally:

pMLB2-2397847dt.jpg

Last edited:

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
MLB truly believes all Dominicans are baseball stars.

Have a look at the Jerseys (US$250 before shipping).
:speechles

Last edited:

principe

Nov 19, 2002
No way Venezuela is going to take this cake, DR is going to have all it big leaguers there, and if Venezuela has the same quality of representation i feel that at that level we are better equipped. DRvUS final. US will take it on the pitching though. You heard it here first.

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
You said it, Principe!

principe said:
No way Venezuela is going to take this cake, DR is going to have all it big leaguers there, and if Venezuela has the same quality of representation i feel that at that level we are better equipped. DRvUS final. US will take it on the pitching though. You heard it here first.

DR & US are gonna cream every team they face. The finals will be played between these two. Who knows, it may take just one error or a "funny" ball bounce to determine the winner. The US has pitching. DR has awesome hitters. When they meet, it'll be the greatest conglomeration of players the world has ever seen at any one game at any one time! Man, how breathtaking, amazing & astounding is that??!!!!!!! Coooo?o!!!! Where's my freaking presidente!!!!!

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
The DR has a lot better shot at beating USA.... due to cancellations of players..... but will not get past Venezuela .:eek:

DRPAWA

Sep 3, 2004
We all know what happens when good pitching meets good hitting - good pitching usually wins. However, what we will see is pitchers who are not at the top of their game because of the off season. You also have a bunch of DR hitters who have been playing the entire off season so their bats won't be rusty.

What you'll get therefore is a more even chance for the hitters to do damage. Therefore, I don't think that the USA or Venezuela pitching will be that dominant over the great hitters that DR will field. Besides, DR getting beat by Venezuela in the Carib series will only add to the fire under the DR bats.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
What we don't really know.

DRPAWA said:
We all know what happens when good pitching meets good hitting - good pitching usually wins. However, what we will see is pitchers who are not at the top of their game because of the off season. You also have a bunch of DR hitters who have been playing the entire off season so their bats won't be rusty.

What you'll get therefore is a more even chance for the hitters to do damage. Therefore, I don't think that the USA or Venezuela pitching will be that dominant over the great hitters that DR will field. Besides, DR getting beat by Venezuela in the Carib series will only add to the fire under the DR bats.
I agree mostly, but to your first point in particular.

I offer the Far East teams, then, as a wild card. I don't know much about how they are preparing in particular for this event, but I do know they prepare very hard and seriously for competition.

That being said, they also have more to gain than most - in player exposure, if nothing else.

MLB hasn't had success in importing the best in Far East talent. It's happened more in the past decade, but nothing in comparison to the mining in the Latin Americas. This will be a huge opportunity for some to make a name for themselves and drive up interest - and price.

In addition, there is little to no familiarity between the hitters and their pitchers. That alone makes the pitching more potent. Add that together and I think it's a significant advantage.

Betting by the numbers, for every nickel you put on the favorites, you'd be wise to the bet a penny on the value of Venezuela, and the big underdogs of the Far East. Worth the risk in a wild card event like this, methinks.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
You took the words right out of my mouth, Cleef. Nobody has mentioned Japan. Don't discount them, because you may be in for one hell of a big surprise. They are still "relatively" unknown, and I fear they will be a powerhouse in this tournament. Who do I want to win? The DR, of course, however, I wouldn't bet a WHOLE lot of money.

I wonder who Janet Jones has her money on. ;)

Last edited:

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
In the DR, CDN, Channel 37 (on Telecable), will be transmitting all games in which the DR team participates and some others for local audiences.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
I think the DR will win it all. Pujols, Ortiz, Manny, Soriano, etc. they have such a loaded line-up.

I hope my country (South Korea) gets into the next round.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
World Baseball Classic Jerseys

A friend of mine picked up a World Baseball Classic DR baseball jersey at a local clothing store - $12.

The shirts listed on the website all have numbers, mine does not, but identical "Majestic" shirt, high quality.

I thought it was a classic the first time I saw it. WBC patch, Dominican flag on the other shoulder. Pretty psyched.