Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sending money to DR from a foreign Country

How safe is it to send money to DR from a foreign country?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

If you use Western Union there are no problems at all and is extremely safe.

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
    Post Thanks / Like

It however is unsafe to send it to that guy you met who works at the all-inclusive hotel you stayed at because a) he doesn't love you and b) he has sex with other girls and sometime guys when you are not there every chance he gets.

Operationally it takes seconds, literally and is paid out at any WU office in the country.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Money

I hoping to send the money through my bank here to the DR. How safe is that transaction?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karenssp
    I hoping to send the money through my bank here to the DR. How safe is that transaction?
    You mean by transfer from bank to bank, or something else. If that is what you mean it is safe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karenssp
    It may take a long time, can't be picked up like WU can as easily, and may cost as much anyway. If this is money to some fellow then WU is likely the simplest choice. Or a competitor like Vigo, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Rick is right. In my experience, the banks sit on the money for an indecent length of time, and they charge you about US$50 for the pleasure.

Post Thanks / Like

It ain't fast but we like it here at the bank. Free money that is. And a fee for us keeping an eye on it. I have to say WU for all its faults is amazingly quick.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

I know a bunch of people that have used Xoom. They are safe, easy to use and cheaper than Western Union.

Xoom website
    [FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

For ease and efficiency (not necessarily cost), WU or other money transfer agents win hands down. Some people have linked bank accounts with ATM cards and perhaps that idea is worth investigating as well. It's all a matter of personal preference.

Point of interest, Vigo was bought by Western Union last year. Lots of money being made in transfers.

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

Quote Originally Posted by ricktoronto
    It may take a long time, can't be picked up like WU can as easily, and may cost as much anyway. If this is money to some fellow then WU is likely the simplest choice. Or a competitor like Vigo, etc.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast