Transportation - POP to Cabarete

Moxie

Dec 9, 2005
We will be arriving at POP on March 4 and need to arrange transportation to Cabartete for 4 adults & 2 children. I understand the cost will be approximately $20-$30 US for a taxi but have a few questions about the details.

Are there any taxi vans that could accommodate 6 people & luggage or will we have to get two taxis to ferry us? Is this something I can or should arrange before we get there or will it be no problem to get a taxi or two at the airport?

Cheers!

Moxie

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Moxie said:
We will be arriving at POP on March 4 and need to arrange transportation to Cabartete for 4 adults & 2 children. I understand the cost will be approximately $20-$30 US for a taxi but have a few questions about the details.

Are there any taxi vans that could accommodate 6 people & luggage or will we have to get two taxis to ferry us? Is this something I can or should arrange before we get there or will it be no problem to get a taxi or two at the airport?

Cheers!

Moxie
The airport taxi stand has vans available. They may charge 50% extra over the posted rate, so you should be in the 30-45 range. I say may charge 50% more because these vans will take 4 or less passengers for the regular rate posted. My advice is to check the sign, see what the rate is, when it is time to pay act ignorant and pay the regular rate. Worse case he will ask for the 50% increase.

Gumby

Aug 3, 2005
Van from POP airport to Cabarete

You will have no problem finding a van at the airport to take your group to Cabarete. The cost is 30.00usd. Negotiate your price before you get in the cab and you will be fine.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
ggparts said:
I paid it today one person in a van $30
Gerry
The point I was making is that in the fine print on the bottom of the sign it says that a van for more than 4 passengers will be 50% additional. Granted these vans take less than 5 passengerrs at the regular posted rate.