Do all Dominican men find foreign women attractive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RP23

Jul 15, 2005
???????????????

A.J. said:
I also know some resort workers who are not sankies - they also do not find foriegn women attractive (I know some of you women may find it hard to believe that a dominican man does not find forign women attractive) These men work their jobs and then go home away from the tourists and want nothing to do with them while not on the clock.
However - I have never found that to be the case with animation team members in any of the 17 hotels I have worked with in the north coast.

I never heard that Dominican men didn't find forign women attractive. Who said that? They love forign women. I do understand that not all resort workers are sankies. :eek:gre:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I split this from another thread. I thought it would make a good subject.

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
RP23 said:
I never heard that Dominican men didn't find forign women attractive. Who said that? They love forign women. I do understand that not all resort workers are sankies. :eek:gre:

I think Dominicans find foreign women attractive because they are different and exotic looking to them. I know that is why I find foreign men attractive, they are exotic and sexy and drive me wild! :cheeky:

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
I think this generalization is true for all Latinos, myself included..

We love women !!! and many at a time.. :D

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
Well, I am clearly not a Dominican male.

However, if I may venture here, I would suggest that an attraction to pale-skinned and blond folks stems only partially from the exotic/opposites attract theory.

If I were forced to put my money on it, I would vote in favor of a theory that referred to the prevalence of light skinned and/or blond girls on television.

Pitch black,while perhaps beautiful to me, is not selling on MTV, Univision or in any beauty salon. Long, straight hair sells. White sells. Unfortunately.

So if their sisters spend time leafing through magazines full of white and white-ish glamor girls, what are the guys gonna grow up to like?

So, I say it is conditioned in society, not in born, and that it comes from the media and from how the folks follow the media portrayals of "beauty."

I do find it hard to believe that a DR man would prefer a "white" gal to a native gal, as the locals tend to be shaplier and to have more of the coveted, "junk, in the trunk."

Okay, I am waiting for rotten eggs and tomatoes to be vollied by Feministas and other parties that may have been offended, though it is not my intention
to offend.

- Sorta white-ish, Sam

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Dominican men, like all latinos are obliged to constantly affirm their heterosexuality by finding all women attractive all the time.

No exceptions. Even if you are not attractive.

This is especially true if they happen to be gay.

mofi

Feb 9, 2005
Most would say the like foreign woman, but not all will say they like tourists. There is a big difference between the two.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Depends!

RP23 said:
I never heard that Dominican men didn't find forign women attractive. Who said that? They love forign women:
SOME guys, from all countries, are always willing and able to get to know "the unknown" and "the different". SOME guys find foreign women sexy and exotic and SOME don't.

Now, when it comes to SOME Dominican males, if they are straight, the only women that they would not like are the ones that wear pants, have an Adams' apple and have a "package", meaning a male. Other than that, anything with a skirt will do!!.

Now, when it comes to liking a foreign woman, imo, MOST have a hidden agenda, thinking of a way out, if you will.

Last edited:

PerfectIsBoring

Dec 30, 2005
miguel said:
SOME guys, from all countries, are always willing and able to get to know "the unknown" and "the different".

I totally agree. Its impossible for ALL guys of any one population to be the same way. I know Dominican men who only like Dominican women, but I also know Dominican men who like only foreigners. Different strokes for different folks.

I can see any guy in any country getting bored with the women there.

I don't think there's anything at all about all Dominican women that turns Dominican men in general off...and I don't see anything about all foreign women that would turn Dominican men in general on.

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
Why don't we split Dominican men up into 2 different groups -

Sankies and Normal men.

Sankies, for all intents and purposes, love foreign women because they represent all the things the sankie cannot have otherwise: money, a visa, new cell phone, a "trophy" to show of to their friends, etc.

Do they really "love" their foreign conquests? I doubt it. They're in love with the idea of a better life.

Now, about normal men -

** This applies to the normal guys I know, here in POP, and not to all Dominican men **

Most of them love women, period. Like all men all over the world, most have their certain preferences, however. Many love blonde hair and blue eyes. Many love "chocolate" and a big booty. Some like thin girls. Some like women with some meat on their bones. But in the end, most of them are sensual people and genuinely like and appreciate all types of women.

Some white women come down here and think that simply because they are white, they can have any man they want. It doesn't matter if they are grossly overweight, uneducated and ill-mannered - some still think they have it all over a beautiful, smart Dominicana.

Hardly true - please do get over your whiteness.

Yes, they can have their pick of sankies, motoconcho drivers, etc but a decent man WILL NOT fall for you just because you are white. Not all Dominican men want to leave the DR, you know.

People don't fall in love based on skin color. When a mixed couple truly loves one another, there is no other agenda. They are each other's soulmates, not meal tickets.

I know a few mixed couples here - local man, foreign woman - that have been happy together for a long time. I won't name any names but many in POP might know who I am speaking of.

The thing they all seem to have in common is that they have built a life here based upon mutual love, admiration and trust.

They are not rich by any means but they live comfortably, in nice apartments or homes.

The relationships are genuine and are based on all the right reasons - NOT visas, money, etc.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Remuneration Lovers

RP23 said:
.... Dominican men.... love foreign women....

Well, some.
The more affluent Dominicans could not care less. There are very few female tourists that come close to the beauty, warmth and charming nature of the local girls.
So the foreigners are left to the low class and poor love clowns who "love" the foreign love seekers for their money and their ability to get them a visa out of misery.

m'frog

RP23

Jul 15, 2005
Yeah! Sunshine.

sunshine_79 said:
Why don't we split Dominican men up into 2 different groups -

Sankies and Normal men.

Sankies, for all intents and purposes, love foreign women because they represent all the things the sankie cannot have otherwise: money, a visa, new cell phone, a "trophy" to show of to their friends, etc.

Do they really "love" their foreign conquests? I doubt it. They're in love with the idea of a better life.

Now, about normal men -

** This applies to the normal guys I know, here in POP, and not to all Dominican men **

Most of them love women, period. Like all men all over the world, most have their certain preferences, however. Many love blonde hair and blue eyes. Many love "chocolate" and a big booty. Some like thin girls. Some like women with some meat on their bones. But in the end, most of them are sensual people and genuinely like and appreciate all types of women.

You are right Sunshine! I agree with you all the way. Not all men are sankies and the men are split into two groups. The good vs The Bad. I do see that all types of men Dominican, White, Muslim, Black and etc.... appreciate all types of women; Women too. Many may have perferences like I do, but we all go for what we want. :bunny: :cheeky:

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
From the play, "Yo Soy Latina"

Hello everybody. I was just reading the weblink on the play "Yo Soy Latina" (Dominicans Abroad thread). I found this and thought it might fit with our musings here...

"Fidias Rae, who plays Maria Elena, says that rehearsing her role has brought back a lot of issues from her childhood. "I'm the youngest of four sisters, and I am the darkest out of four," says Ms. Rae, who is Dominican. "Lighter is preferred in the Caribbean ? it's always what the boys are gravitating to, light-skinned Latinas."

:ermm: Sad. But it is true???

Yes, light-skinned Latinas
does not equal
foreign women
but the looks might be similar...........

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
samanasuenos said:
Hello everybody. I was just reading the weblink on the play "Yo Soy Latina" (Dominicans Abroad thread). I found this and thought it might fit with our musings here...

"Fidias Rae, who plays Maria Elena, says that rehearsing her role has brought back a lot of issues from her childhood. "I'm the youngest of four sisters, and I am the darkest out of four," says Ms. Rae, who is Dominican. "Lighter is preferred in the Caribbean ? it's always what the boys are gravitating to, light-skinned Latinas."

:ermm: Sad. But it is true???

Yes, light-skinned Latinas
does not equal
foreign women
but the looks might be similar...........

I don't know about DR, but in most South American countries lighter skin is preferred both in relationships and jobs.

notion

Oct 2, 2005
I think most people fancy a certain type of people. It's just something that catches the eye on first sight but becomes less and less important you know a person. I usually feel more attracted to nice-looking guys with brown hair and brown eyes but in the end it's the character that's the decisive element.
I guess it's the same for Dominican guys - they like a certain type of woman best but in the end other things are the more important ones.
Concerning light skin: I have heard, that white Dominicans prefer to marry white women. It's difficult to generalize, however. As always.

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
notion said:
I think most people fancy a certain type of people. It's just something that catches the eye on first sight but becomes less and less important you know a person. I usually feel more attracted to nice-looking guys with brown hair and brown eyes but in the end it's the character that's the decisive element.
I guess it's the same for Dominican guys - they like a certain type of woman best but in the end other things are the more important ones.
Concerning light skin: I have heard, that white Dominicans prefer to marry white women. It's difficult to generalize, however. As always.

If you mean "white women" by light skin domicanas.. yes, it's quite true. In Latin countries light skin means good appearance and/or social status. Light skin men/women prefer not to mix ! But I did notice that there were more non light skin people in upper middle class events, while in most of South American countries you rarely see someone of color hanging out at upper middle/rich class events/clubs/pubs. It's quite sad for people to judge based on their skin tone, it's really sad !

notion

Oct 2, 2005
Umm, I'm confused, what's the difference between a "white woman" and a "light skin dominicana"? I mean looking at one or the other not characterwise.
Or did you want to clarify that point because in your experience/opinion "white Dominicans prefer to marry white Dominicanas" rather than "white women in general"?

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
White Trash?

notion said:
.... "white Dominicans prefer to marry white Dominicanas" rather than "white women in general"?

This seems to be the case.
Most would not hesitate to take an "exotic white girl" to a "caba?a tur?stica" but when it comes to marrying second thoughts prevail.
These include class, money, her family's influence and reputation.
White girls (especially the tourists) do not have a good reputation per se.

m'frog

Status
Not open for further replies.