New Towers for Santo Domingo 2006

Informer

Feb 9, 2006
-Torre Caney (35 floors) :speechles
-Torre Winston Churchill
-Torres Atiemar (Two towers complex, 19 floors)
-Torre Forum
-Torre Palmeras

All talls and under construction!!!! ;) :bunny:

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Who is behind each of these tower?
What's the current tallest building in the Caribbean?

Informer

Feb 9, 2006
Well...

For the "Torre Caney" i know is Jesus Rodriguez Sandoval, the creator of Malecon Center which are the tallest buildings in the caribbean islands. For the "Atiemar Towers" is the P&P Group, they have a website of the towers: www.torresatiemar.com

playagirl

Feb 8, 2006
This looks like a great place to live. Do you know when are they finishing it and the price range. I am looking to by an aprtment in Santo Domingo in the near future.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
It's definitely one of the easiest ways to launder money...Thus tons of towers and office buildings popping up all over The DR.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
aegap said:
What's the current tallest building in the Caribbean?
Just go to the following web site and see for your self:

www.emporis.com

Every high rise/skyscraper in the world is documented in this website. Just search for the city and voila!

-NALs

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
The Caney Tower (37 floors) on Anacaona Ave. by the Malecon Center people (Rodriguez Sandoval Group) is almost sold out (only five apartments left). I already set mine aside for the price of RD$200.000.000 (over 800 square meters).

-

Informer

Feb 9, 2006
PlayaGirl are you talking about malecon center or atiemar towers??... for the atiemar towers go to the web site that i post and clic in the link "contacto". If you want info about malecon center go to: http://www.maleconcenter.com there most be some info.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
NALs said:
Just go to the following web site and see for your self:

www.emporis.com

Every high rise/skyscraper in the world is documented in this website. Just search for the city and voila!

-NALs

that site seems to be outdated regarding Santo Domingo -- it lists Torre Citibank as the tallest tower and neither the acropolis nor the malecon center is listed.

This seems to be a better site: http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?cityID=908

That Atiemar site is racist - they ain't no black Dominican on their "digital realty tour" :)

Last edited:

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Is this still in the going?

DR1 Feb. 2005
Baseball-land
President Leonel Fernandez has approved the turning of the Quisqueya Ball Park into a baseball theme park – Baseball Land.
Project promoter, engineer Jesus Rodriguez Sandoval says it would be more like the Arlington Ballpark of Texas, the Coors Field of Colorado or the Turner Field of Atlanta. The project calls for the remodeling and expansion of the Quisqueya Ball park, construction of a 28,000 square meter tower, a four-star hotel with 36,443 square meters of construction, 14 towers for apartments and four villas with 15,396 square meters of construction, a 7,790 square meter shopping mall, a 11,330 square meter baseball museum, a 30,400 meter parking building, plazas, green areas and recreational areas.
Works began early this month with the relocation of the baseball offices located within the stadium.
Rodriguez recently presented the project to the visiting vice president of the Mets, Jeff Wilpor and Mets general manager Omar Minaya who met at his home. President Leonel Fernandez also was there for the meeting. During the meeting, the possible visit of the Mets during the 2006 spring training was discussed, as well as the possibility of pMajor League Baseball games being played here in 2007, when Baseball Land complex would be completed.
More than 100 Dominicans are expected to be on MLB rosters come the 2005 season. The Listin Diario reports that on 16 November, President Fernandez had spoken with the owner of the Anaheim Angels, Arte Moreno and invited that team to hold their spring training events in Santo Domingo, an invitation that was well received. The call came on occasion of Vladimir Guerrero winning the Most Valuable Player award of the American League.

Last edited:

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
if they count the undergraund parking will give more floors, Acropolis has 4 undergraund floors and Malecon Center 5.

Informer

Feb 9, 2006
Mirador i didn't know that. I thought the Caney were going to have 35 floors but if you made the contact with the constructors then is as you said, 37 floors, even better!!!

Informer

Feb 9, 2006
Mirador said:
The Caney Tower (37 floors) on Anacaona Ave. by the Malecon Center people (Rodriguez Sandoval Group) is almost sold out (only five apartments left). I already set mine aside for the price of RD$200.000.000 (over 800 square meters).

Mirador i didn't know that. I thought the Caney were going to have 35 floors but if you made the contact with the constructors then is as you said, 37 floors, even better!!! :eek: ;)

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
Excuuuuuse me?!!!!!

Mirador said:

-

Let's see, RD$200 mil @ 35 to 1 = 5.74 million dollars!!
800 / into 5.74 = 7,175 dollars per sq. meter!!....That's outrageous! For that kind of $$$ can you NOT build your own tower?? I've heard of the rich & famous. Is there such a thing as the rich & stupid?

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Don Juan said:
Let's see, RD$200 mil @ 35 to 1 = 5.74 million dollars!!
800 / into 5.74 = 7,175 dollars per sq. meter!!....That's outrageous! For that kind of $$$ can you NOT build your own tower?? I've heard of the rich & famous. Is there such a thing as the rich & stupid?

Actually, I'm six months behind in my rent, and can't even buy a thatched lean-to ;-) Yes, that's the price, and there are no 'rich & stupid', there are 'rich money launderers' (yes, even in this post 9/11 world), who are distorting the market, pricing real estate beyond the reach of honest folk. Yesterday, Mr Rodriguez Sandoval was requiered by the DA for interrogation because it became known that he hid from authorities the fact that he sold seven apartments of his Malecon Center to two drug traffickers now jailed in NY.

Listin Diario

-

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
At those prices, only drug traffickers can afford those units. Unbelievable! Would you say that the asking prices for most Sto. Domingo apartments are super inflated?

I have also noticed that some real estate sites and newspapers list their home prices in US dollars. Are interest rates lower if you purchase with dollars rather than pesos?

VoltageDeNYC

Feb 14, 2006
Hey Mirador you would'nt happen to have any picture/rendering of the building? And Baseball Land seems like a go.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
VoltageDeNYC said:
Hey Mirador you would'nt happen to have any picture/rendering of the building? And Baseball Land seems like a go.

The Caney is in its initial stage of construction. There's a scale model in Mr Rodriguez Sandoval's office at Malecon Center.