living in HOG HEAVEN..or porko pandering...

Sep 19, 2005
In the ongoing saga of my GF and NOW me becoming pig farmers, we have a new chapter about to open. My gf not having a job and me really not wanting her to get one with the nature of bosses in the workplace towards women, especially attractive women, my gf came up with a brainstorm of an idea. ( her view not mine) She was going to buy a baby pig from her uncle and raise it to breed and then sell the babies like he does now.

There is beauty and fallacy in her thoughts….the fallacy , is she doesn’t know how to raise a pig..and she doesn’t realize the pig may up and die after you feed it a year , but before it is bred!… then all your investment is LOST

The beauty is that her uncle next door has all the facilities to raise the pigs already… and he will feed them and clean their pens when he maintaines his own pigs!!!…so it is basically maintenance free !! ha ha ha.

Ok new chapter…now her pig is a few months old and is growing fast, but the uncle had another pig give birth.. and now there are 8 more baby pigs. I was going to buy another female to raise like hers…..but now she has this idea to buy ALL the new baby pigs and then sell them to market in 3.5 months.

She says her uncle says that at market 8 pigs would bring about 50K pesos….so it would cost 8K pesos to buy 8 baby pigs… then she says about 10K pesos to feed them all for 3.5 months….so we would make the difference!!

Wala………….but we all know how dumb BOB is….we have seen it for months now… and dumb ol BOB had a dumb question.. ha ha ha

I asked…if the uncle can do that, and he already has all the facilities to do that…WHY then doesn’t he just keep doing that HIMSELF… and make all the profit HIMSELF

Ok now tell me I aint smart!! Ha ha…….Ill give you the answer in the next post….

What do you think??? Hey they did it on Green Acres!!!!!!!!! And my GF doesn’t even dress as nice as Zsa Zsa Gabor!!!!!!! Ha ha ha

ps in the next posts the thread get MORE DR1 realted!!! ha ha ha

BOB

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
[/QUOTE]I asked…if the uncle can do that, and he already has all the facilities to do that…WHY then doesn’t he just keep doing that HIMSELF… and make all the profit HIMSELF
[/QUOTE]

I am not sure why he would do this if he would maintain the pigs anyway. The only reason I could think of is if he is in immediate financial crisis and NEEDS the 8,000 pesos right now for something. Otherwise, I see no reason why he would give up on the profit of the eight pigs - unless he can somehow tell that those 8 pigs piglets are weak and won't survive anyway.

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
You can't blame a Dominican businessman using a creative sale pitch to sell his product even if the customer is a family member.

Don't believe in the "I'll even take of them for you" or "you don't even have to do anything BS..." I see it happening, two weeks after you GF buys the pigglets, the uncle will ask for more money than what is estimated to take care of the pigs with the excuse the prices went up again or he will tell her that he no longer is able to take care of her pigs and for her to find another place to keep them.

Also, it is typical of many Dominicans (not generalizing) to get you excited into a new venture, telling you is the best idea, they will rout for you and proclaim they will help you along the way but after you are knee dip they tell you they no longer have the time or the desire to help you.

"Que vainas son mis gentes"

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
laurapasinifan said:
The beauty is that her uncle next door has all the facilities to raise the pigs already? and he will feed them and clean their pens when he maintaines his own pigs!!!?so it is basically maintenance free !! ha ha ha.

Ok new chapter?now her pig is a few months old and is growing fast, but the uncle had another pig give birth.. and now there are 8 more baby pigs. I was going to buy another female to raise like hers?..but now she has this idea to buy ALL the new baby pigs and then sell them to market in 3.5 months.

She says her uncle says that at market 8 pigs would bring about 50K pesos?.so it would cost 8K pesos to buy 8 baby pigs? then she says about 10K pesos to feed them all for 3.5 months?.so we would make the difference!!

Wala????.but we all know how dumb BOB is?.we have seen it for months now? and dumb ol BOB had a dumb question.. ha ha ha

I asked?if the uncle can do that, and he already has all the facilities to do that?WHY then doesn?t he just keep doing that HIMSELF? and make all the profit HIMSELF

Ok now tell me I aint smart!! Ha ha??.Ill give you the answer in the next post?.

ps in the next posts the thread get MORE DR1 realted!!! ha ha ha

BOB

I hope you didn't get hurt falling of the turnip truck!

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
Stodgord said:
Also, it is typical of many Dominicans (not generalizing) to get you excited into a new venture, telling you is the best idea, they will rout for you and proclaim they will help you along the way but after you are knee dip they tell you they no longer have the time or the desire to help you.

I have seen that ?no problem? attitude as well between family members. My friend?s father sent his nephew in DR 2 used SUVs that he got in an NYC auction that just need a ?little bit? of work. The uncle got his nephew all excited that it would be an easy profit for the both of them so the nephew sent his uncle the agreed upon price and the cars were shipped.

When the cars arrived it was obvious a lot of work needed to be done on one of them. It seemed like every day for 3 months the nephew was driving around finding parts, etc. I doubt when he finally sold the cars that he made much if any money. The uncle wasn?t bothered by the whole ordeal because he got his money up front.

So this anecdote could be an analogy to your girlfriend, her uncle, and the pigs. But you are also thrown in the mix as a guarantor of the transaction. It sounds like a good idea and easy money but there is probably something else to it.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Bob,
Your story gives me a new appreciation for my favorite spanglish expression,
"Cuando los cerdos pueden volar".

Sep 19, 2005
ok I expected this nice turn out... thanks folks!!! ha ha ha

Ok Ill get this one out of the way early...the uncle isnt SELLING her anything...she is asking to buy them, casue she WANTS to help out..instead of just have me put money in her bank account for clothes and transportation to and from school every day....

and yeah it IS POSSIBLE....but here is the catch and the DR1 connection

when I asked her why he didnt just take advantage of this golden pig opportunity himself.. her reply was.... he cant manage money..

" he spends all his money on drinking and women!!!"

now my ears pop up and start their radar act.....ok tell me about the women...she says he "pays" for women

I said YOU DONT SAY!!!!!!!!!!! i find that hard to believe.... he has never married( being a pig farmer may have something to do with it)

he isnt that old, and he got the house when the last parent died... and all the other children already had houses.. and he already still lived there.... so they just let him have it...so it doesnt cost him anything...so he living a bachelor life.. and cant control his money.....so he wouldnt keep enough money to feed the extra pigs....he has 3 MONSTER pigs now for breeding and I think he has one boar.

soooo i ask... he pays for Mujers???? "yeah sometimes i guess...or at least he spends a lot of money on them"

well can you tell me more...do they come to HIS house? does he go to their house...are they good looking, how much does he pay?...id like to go meet your uncle when i come down on the 16th......

....of course at that point , I had to call her back!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha

she didnt like the path the questions were taking ha ha ha....

ok that makes sense....he doesnt have a car. only a motorcycle....and he doesnt keep his place up too good... and actually their are two uncles in the house ....they are very similar....I am not sure which one raises the pigs....

so it is feasable that there is no hidden agenda...besides this family is tight... I mean they mostly live in the area.....it is just like when everyone said any domincan that is dating an american is doing it for his money....I guess it applies most of the time...but there ARE exceptions.

i like the girl has spunk, and drive.... and she knows i dont want her working where 200 guys a day will be salivating near her as the day goes by... and or a boss, with a constant hard on......now i just have to find something for he to actually do all day!!!!!!!!! since her pig farming is apparently stress free... ha ha ha

what do ya think.. take the 8k plunge?......I got to go visit the uncle in PERSON first anyway......
the catch is if any get sick and die......

can anyone verify the price of a 3.5 month old pig for eating would be????

thanks.... ok let me have it!!

bob

Sep 19, 2005
HOWMAR said:
Bob,
Your story gives me a new appreciation for my favorite spanglish expression,
"Cuando los cerdos pueden volar".

Ok I realize it is probably deragotory

but what does it mean?........it is meaningless until I know

ok I figured it out.......... when the pigs can fly

is this DOMINICAN optimism??

bob

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Bob:

Why not set up a Farmer's cooperative with the uncle and call it Puerco y Puerco. You already have the pigs, you just need to hire 5 or 6 "farm girls" to work the land.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I say just give her the money. 8000 pesos is nothing...Even if half of them die you'd still make up your money and profits. This is actually a very profitable business, for those willing to do that kind of work. Another way to approach it is to say to her that you're going to "lend" her the money. In other words, say that you borrowed the money and you have to pay it back thus you expect the money returned when the pigs are sold (even if in the end you're actually just going to give it to her...I mean the money...LOL)

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
suarezn said:
I say just give her the money. 8000 pesos is nothing...Even if half of them die you'd still make up your money and profits. This is actually a very profitable business, for those willing to do that kind of work. Another way to approach it is to say to her that you're going to "lend" her the money. In other words, say that you borrowed the money and you have to pay it back thus you expect the money returned when the pigs are sold (even if in the end you're actually jsut going to give it to her...I mean the money...LOL)

LMAO, don't just give her 8000 pesos, give half of all your money, thats what we do in the US!

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
CyaBye3015 said:
LMAO, don't just give her 8000 pesos, give half of all your money, thats what we do in the US!

He will eventually...

Sorry Bob...It's Friday...

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Stay Tuned

The next thread will be a Q and A on how to install a Heated Jacuzzi in the Pig's barn.

Sep 19, 2005
he as long as no one says anything bad about my GF...its all good

I wouldnt post here if i had real thin skin about peoples comments..

It is real life and its kinda funny, and its not the end of the world no matter what happens... I used to spend almost as much per month on my daughters phone and easily that on her car repairs..on the great deal her and her mother "found".

and in the end I dont have to do anything......but if i had to put a price on making my GF happy it would be WAY more than this endevor.....

actually she already has enough money to buy the pigs....its just that she knows she has to be thrifty with her money or the big dog will bark at her...

not to beat a dead horse, but this girl is really something.... when she won $400 at the gran Almirante last fall she didnt blink an eye when i put it in my pocket when we left.... and i didnt play that night..i just watched her.....

although I did front her some starting money as usual.... when i put the $600 in my pocket she mention...wow I won you $600.

i had to reply, well darling it doesnt work that way...you have to subtract the $200 I GAVE you to start with !!!!!!! ha ha ha....before you can talk about winnings....

bob

Sep 19, 2005
Tamborista said:
The next thread will be a Q and A on how to install a Heated Jacuzzi in the Pig's barn.

jealousy will get you no where

if you change your ways, Ill let you come over and jump in the jacuzzi, after the pigs are done that day....

bob

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
laurapasinifan said:
jealousy will get you no where

if you change your ways, Ill let you come over and jump in the jacuzzi, after the pigs are done that day....

bob

Now THAT was funny...

This morning we had some snow here in the Detroit area. It took me 3 hours (that's not a mistake) driving about 5 miles per hour in bumper to bumper traffic to get to work. It was one of those days when you ask yourself, why the hell am I doing this when I could be down in The DR with at least some nice weather.

Since I can't be there today at least visiting this website relieves a little bit of the homesickness I'm feeling today...

Anyhow, don't mean to hijack your thread...carry on boys!!!

Wag

Feb 4, 2005
Tamborista said:

LOL, I actully spilled my coffee when I read this....

perlanegra

Feb 4, 2005
Oh my God, Bob!!! You are hilarius!!!!!Little piggy pays goes to the market, little piggy pays for the investment, how about if little piggy dies.

Sorry but I couldn't help it!!! This is too much fun for me!!