Grand Opening-Ocean Manor?? Did it happen?

megamania

Sep 10, 2005
Hi there.
Curiosity is killing me. Grand opening for Ocean's Manor was to be Feb 1/06. Just wondering if anyone knows if it went off and if so, what the place looks like now.
I viewed it on Jan 10/06 and it was NO where near being ready.

Any info would be great.
Thanks
;)

Denmay565

Dec 6, 2005
Ocean's Manor

I can't imagine it was ready. I think the date like most dates in the DR are optimistic but not practical. I'll be right next door to it in April and I'll give you the full lowdown on the place at that point in time if you are interested.

Moxie

Dec 9, 2005
Hey Meg!

Vivianne actually e-mailed me yesterday 5 minutes after I sent her a request for the OM phone number. Gave me the number and said that the Grand Opening happened this past weekend and she would have reports & photos on Feb 20 when everyone returns. I'll let you know next Tuesday when I've seen the proof!! Got my fingers crossed that everything is good!

You mentioned in your trip report that you did see two rooms that were complete. Were they just a suite/hotel room or the one-bedroom units?? So long as there are at least two rooms for our friends & us and water in the pool, we'll be happy to have the resort to ourselves.

Cheers!

Moxie

megamania

Sep 10, 2005
Interesting!!

Denmay, I would love a complete report when you return. Thanks for offering.

Moxie,,,,the two rooms I saw that were completed and very nice I might add, were like a motel suite type of thing. There was a queen size bed, two night stands, tv, stereo with speakers on a very lovely corner wall unit. There were also Kitchen cupboards and a sink on one wall (again, very tastefully done!!) and of course a lovely bathroom with the most unique sinks, taps, etc.
Like I said before, it is definitely Georgian Manor style, which is very good quality. But, there were two rooms like this on the ground level. That was it.
Nothing else was done. Remember of course, that was Jan 10th.

I guess if Vivanne says the opening happened, we have to believe her.
I sure hope all is good and you have a great time.
Please don't forget to do a trip report. I always love reading them

:bunny:

Moxie

Dec 9, 2005
Hey Meg!

The Ocean Manor appears to be up & running. The website at http://www.oceanmanorresort.com has 4 pages of photos as of last night. It looks good! I'm getting a little panicky as I still haven't received my confirmation letter and, nice as the beach looks, I don't fancy sleeping on it!! Will call Vivianne as soon as I check today's mail. 8 1/2 days to go then I can give you a personal report!

Cheers!

Moxie

Denmay565

Dec 6, 2005
Ocean's Manor

I went by the place in the early morning hours so there wasn't much in the way of activity going on but the place looks a hundred times better than it did when I saw it in November of '05. It is freshly painted, clean and free of the construction debris that existed. It is clearly a winner looking from the outside. Perhaps someone who has been a guest there recently can offer their opinions on whether they would staying there.